Firmware Update 01.05.0300

In the standard Phantom 4 Pro, the DJI Go 4 will tell you is the controller needs an firmware upgrade, just follow the prompts and have your device connected to the internet.
You don't update the standard Phantom 4 Pro controller from the DJI Assistant 2 only through the DJI Go 4 app
Actually mine had me disconnect the controller and use the cable to do the update to the P4P.

Reactions: cherokeepilot
I waited 45 mins, and then I started getting messages like "unplug your connection to viewer and reconnect." That did nothing. I was close to a solution when I called tech support. I just needed to update the remote controller which I now know how to do. The DJI manual is not very instructive about this process. Maybe if I watch again some you tube videos, the videos will make more sense, because as I am sure you know updating a controller is not a very complicated process.
I had the same experience and wasted heaps of time also. The instructions are not clear. When it says unplug and reconnect, it means unplug from the drone and reconnect into the remote. The update will then finish.

Reactions: Dutiful1
Can you choose ”Hover” when losing connection in this new firmware, and not RTH?

I tried it today and wanted to try the new panaramas, but discovered not only were the new options not there, but my other camera modes were gone. Only the single photo was available. /?? Any suggestions? I have the Pro +

I have been fooling with the pano mode. I have made some progress. The wide angle and portrait modes are good. I think with time I can get some great pix. I am having trouble with the circular mode. The drone will take a 360 pix, and when viewed in DJI go 4 from the drone, it is a cool globe. However when I copy that pix and try to look at it on my pc, it looks like the attached photo. I guess I need to find some software that will display the pix as a globe. It is probably obvious that I am not using the correct vocabulary for this issue. I have a learning curve to work through.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 451
I have been fooling with the pano mode. I have made some progress. The wide angle and portrait modes are good. I think with time I can get some great pix. I am having trouble with the circular mode. The drone will take a 360 pix, and when viewed in DJI go 4 from the drone, it is a cool globe. However when I copy that pix and try to look at it on my pc, it looks like the attached photo. I guess I need to find some software that will display the pix as a globe. It is probably obvious that I am not using the correct vocabulary for this issue. I have a learning curve to work through.
Kind of a cool picture except for the parking lot in the foreground it's weird

Reactions: Dutiful1
I heard that that option was removed after .509 firmware. So there is no forced "smart" RTH that makes the AC automatically rise to RTH height and RTH upon lost connection, in this firmware on iOS?

Another question: Have you noticed any irregularities regarding NFZ/GeoFencing? And 500 m is still the height limit?

Thanks Speedmeister, appreciate it!
Same option as before: rth, hover, and land.

I heard that that option was removed after .509 firmware. So there is no forced "smart" RTH that makes the AC automatically rise to RTH height and RTH upon lost connection, in this firmware on iOS?

Another question: Have you noticed any irregularities regarding NFZ/GeoFencing? And 500 m is still the height limit?

Thanks Speedmeister, appreciate it!
This maybe over my head since I am new to P4P. I started with version 1.4.0703 and upgraded to 1.5.0300. The max height is 500m and max distance is 8000m. I dont know about geo fencing yet but I fly around in my front yard which within class C. As far as rth goes, only tried it under 20 meyers distance and always wants to land when rth initiated. I always thought rth will rise to set altitude and fly syraight home.

Reactions: Dronefriend
This maybe over my head since I am new to P4P. I started with version 1.4.0703 and upgraded to 1.5.0300. The max height is 500m and max distance is 8000m. I dont know about geo fencing yet but I fly around in my front yard which within class C. As far as rth goes, only tried it under 20 meyers distance and always wants to land when rth initiated. I always thought rth will rise to set altitude and fly syraight home.
It won’t rise to RTH height when it is so close to home point (which is a bit weird, what if you were standing next to a lake and initiated RTH and it landed straight in the water?)

I never use RTH on purpose but I have had it happen a few times when I’ve lost connection to AC.

Need to confirm that one can still set it to Hover. Otherwise there is no flying indoors or under obstacles ever again.

Cheers to your new drone. Don’t fly near structures with much metal in GPS mode.

In the P4P manual a RTH , whether it be failsafe , smart or low battery mode, if triggered within 20m of the homepoint will result in the AC landing.

If the RTH is triggered while more than 20m away from the home point it will ascend to the RTH height set and then come all the way back to the home point

It won’t rise to RTH height when it is so close to home point (which is a bit weird, what if you were standing next to a lake and initiated RTH and it landed straight in the water?)

I never use RTH on purpose but I have had it happen a few times when I’ve lost connection to AC.

Need to confirm that one can still set it to Hover. Otherwise there is no flying indoors or under obstacles ever again.

Cheers to your new drone. Don’t fly near structures with much metal in GPS mode.
Hover would be the choice when flying indoors. Most lost connection due to bird out of LOS, and if set to hover then you have to hurry and regain LOS to get control of AC or it will land when it runs out of power.

[QUOTE=". I guess I need to find some software that will display the pix as a globe. .[/QUOTE]

I opened your photo in FSPViewer and it displayed perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94