Firmware failure and No Connection to Go App

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 standard and it will not connect to the DJI Go app, I have tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling, tried various tablets and phones, no luck. I just attempted to update to the newest firmware using an SD card and the update failed. Now, I am not sure what direction I should go to fix the problem. As soon as I put the SD card in with the updated Bin file and turn the drone on it automatically beeps solid red signaling failed update. I cannot use the app to update because it will not connect to the drone. I am not sure how to reboot and reinstall failed update as everything I try goes back to a solid failed light on the gimbal, seconds after the drone starts up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The drone and RC will connect and start up, can fly within range of site, but no connection with to go app. I see phantom wifi on tablet, and phone, but still not connection in the DJi Go App.

Reactions: smackc4
If there is an issue with the gimbal ribbon cable could this cause the the drone not to sync to the go app? I don’t even get battery status on the app. However the app will read controller input.

Reactions: steve60
I have a phantom 3 standard and it will not connect to the DJI Go app, I have tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling, tried various tablets and phones, no luck. I just attempted to update to the newest firmware using an SD card and the update failed. Now, I am not sure what direction I should go to fix the problem. As soon as I put the SD card in with the updated Bin file and turn the drone on it automatically beeps solid red signaling failed update. I cannot use the app to update because it will not connect to the drone. I am not sure how to reboot and reinstall failed update as everything I try goes back to a solid failed light on the gimbal, seconds after the drone starts up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The drone and RC will connect and start up, can fly within range of site, but no connection with to go app. I see phantom wifi on tablet, and phone, but still not connection in the DJi Go App.

Just to confirm; have you put SD in with just the bare BIN file and let it do it's thing uninterrupted? (Some say could be 20 minutes) but DOES take a long time...Just let it sit and do it if you haven't; Drone SHOULD beep when done.

Yes I did an update with SD card and bare BIN, it did take about 20-25 minutes before it was done, but it ended with the solid red light indicating failed update. I tried to reinstall the update again but it just goes to the solid red light after start up.

Yes I did an update with SD card and bare BIN, it did take about 20-25 minutes before it was done, but it ended with the solid red light indicating failed update. I tried to reinstall the update again but it just goes to the solid red light after start up.
Ok... just checking the basics; had it happen to me once and also at the end of another attempt kept beeping and never stopped beeping, so I again put a different version of firmware in... kept going backwards from the latest until I found one that works.

Ok... just checking the basics; had it happen to me once and also at the end of another attempt kept beeping and never stopped beeping, so I again put a different version of firmware in... kept going backwards from the latest until I found one that works.

I tried using different versions of firmware but was only able to find a few online. All the ones I tried seemed to start installing before just going to the failed red light state. I looked at the install file from SD card after failure and it said something like, current firmware does not support downgrading?? At this point my last resort is to try and replace the gimbal cable, in hopes I get the video feed back to the dji app.

I tried using different versions of firmware but was only able to find a few online. All the ones I tried seemed to start installing before just going to the failed red light state. I looked at the install file from SD card after failure and it said something like, current firmware does not support downgrading?? At this point my last resort is to try and replace the gimbal cable, in hopes I get the video feed back to the dji app.
Hmm ok... if you think that is the problem.
I'm using my phone at the moment not the PC but I'm sure someone else can throw a link in here where one can download all versions of firmware.
Good luck; I hope that fixes the problem with the cable.

Had similar problem a few weeks ago. Drone would connect to transmitter but not camera view in dji app. Come to find out my I pad air needed an update
Once I updated the I pad I reinstalled dji go and it,s been fine since

Seems the apple device “ my I pad air” needed a app of some sort upgrade. Until I did the upgrade dji app would not work
I pad upgrade was not for dji app but some sort of I pad upgrade
You will need to log into your dji account to activate drone to reloaded app
Guessing this is just a apple devise glitch?

Reactions: Booyah89
Had similar problem a few weeks ago. Drone would connect to transmitter but not camera view in dji app. Come to find out my I pad air needed an update
Once I updated the I pad I reinstalled dji go and it,s been fine since

Seems the apple device “ my I pad air” needed a app of some sort upgrade. Until I did the upgrade dji app would not work
I pad upgrade was not for dji app but some sort of I pad upgrade
You will need to log into your dji account to activate drone to reloaded app
Guessing this is just a apple devise glitch?

Yeah I have heard of that happening. I restored a iPad to factory settings, reinstalled the dji go app still no luck. Tried my iPhone, friends ipad, etc. All devices had latest Apple update, still no luck. I am working on this problem for a friend as luckily I have never had a problem with my P3S. Going to try and replace the ribbon cable coming from the gimbal next. Read a lot about if that is slightly damaged can cause several issues. Tried updating firmware and that was a failure. It certainly is a challenging trouble shooting these things sometimes.

Well I tried, installed new ribbon cable, thought it went well. Turned the drone on and the gimbal is just freaking out moving all over the place going crazy. I am at a loss

Please keep us updated. I am having the same issues with a P3 Standard that i'm trying to get going for my Fire Department.

Please keep us updated. I am having the same issues with a P3 Standard that i'm trying to get going for my Fire Department.

Well after taking gimbal apart for the 4th time I repositioned the camera motor shaft that the camera attaches to and now gimbal and everything starts up normal. Still no video feed though, will still troubleshoot that problem. Wondering if I got Litchi if it would connect with that, if it’s a dji go problem. The go app still says remote is connected, please connect aircraft, however the remote runs the drone, can move and position the gimbal, just no video feed, or telemetry. When I try to reconnect controller it times out, then all lights on aircraft go to normal.

Reactions: Hairydawgs15
Well after taking gimbal apart for the 4th time I repositioned the camera motor shaft that the camera attaches to and now gimbal and everything starts up normal. Still no video feed though, will still troubleshoot that problem. Wondering if I got Litchi if it would connect with that, if it’s a dji go problem. The go app still says remote is connected, please connect aircraft, however the remote runs the drone, can move and position the gimbal, just no video feed, or telemetry. When I try to reconnect controller it times out, then all lights on aircraft go to normal.
I’m going to replace my ribbon cable and see what that does. I’ll let you know how it works out.

I’m going to replace my ribbon cable and see what that does. I’ll let you know how it works out.

Sounds, good I changed mine but still no video feed. Not the easiest thing to change that’s for sure. I took pictures of everything as I took it apart to remember how things go. However still managed to put that shaft to the camera in upsides down causing all kinds of problems. Let me know how it works out for ya. Good luck.

Reactions: Hairydawgs15
I had the same problem. I formatted the SD card and left it empty. I went into the Go app and deleted all the cache. I then deleted the Go app from my phone. I re-downloaded the app and signed in. It told me I needed a firmware update so I connected to my home wifi and downloaded the firmware. Once that was done I connect to the drone wifi and turned on the RC and the Drone and downloaded the firmware to it. Took about 20 mins with a horrible beeping sound. Once the download was complete I turned off the RC and Drone then turned back on. Connect to the app and everything seemed to work and I have been flying ever since. Wont hurt to try it as nothing else has worked for you. I spent 2 days trying to get it to connect. Once I did this everything was fine. No problems since. Just a thought

I can also leave you my contact information and maybe walk you thru it or expalin it a little better also

I can also leave you my contact information and maybe walk you thru it or expalin it a little better also

Thanks I have tried something similar to this, but did not clear cache, I just reset the iPad back to factory standards. I also tried installing on friends phones. I did not have a blank SD card in though. I will give this a shot again, it’s worth another try. Your instructions make sense, you just did a few different things then I did. Maybe because I didn’t think to clear the cache the cloud kept that info when I reinstalled? Thanks for the advice

I replaced my ribbon cable, put the gimbal back on and started updating the firmware via the sd card. As it was updating the bird started making a loud beeping sound and all the lights on the bird went out. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Has anybody else run into this ?

I replaced my ribbon cable, put the gimbal back on and started updating the firmware via the sd card. As it was updating the bird started making a loud beeping sound and all the lights on the bird went out. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Has anybody else run into this ?
It was a firmware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.