Firmware casualties, report! (Non-casualties can too)

Reaction score
So my p3a was near perfect when I got it. Now... Not so much. I can't really put my finger on it, but if you're like me, please post specifically what issues you are having (also if you have zero issues feel free to report), and maybe we can get some documentation for Dji to address and for us to see what's been fixed with future updates etc.

For me right now:
Horizon is consistently off, regardless of calibrations
Noticed p3a is less stable, more wobbly especially in winds
Disabled vps so no comment there
My Android phone and Samsung tablet both running 1.2.0 but my tablet doesn't have the latest follow me and dynamic home point features
The phantom at times doesn't show the proper orienting it's at on the pilot app

Mine was solid as a rock flying. Loved it. After firmware update it is now wobbly during flight. Elevation is off on anything below 12 meters. Drifts up and down by it self. Have disabled vps still not as solid as it was. Today flew and fpv started cutting out when I was within 5 meters from it. Somewhat disappointed and fearful of flying until it's fixed.

Recalibrate the IMU on a perfectly level surface. Let the Phantom sit unused for a few hours beforehand so the IMU is nice and cool. And don't even breathe near it during calibration!

You guys that are saying that it's less stable did you happen to have custom gain settings or anything else on prior fw? Like Ianwood suggested, a good imu cal can fix 90% of these issue.

I've done that multiple times. Chilled the phantom as well. No luck, still unstable. Never had a problem before latest firmware. Hope its addressed soon by dji.

I've done that multiple times. Chilled the phantom as well. No luck, still unstable. Never had a problem before latest firmware. Hope its addressed soon by dji.

Have you tried to tune it to your flying style? They did change a few thing flight wise. This is why the tuning option are there.

They are working on the vps issue though.

I've applied all three updates. Each update was smooth and faster than expected.
Flight is very stable and I just flew it to 390 feet the other night to catch a sunset.

I've applied all three updates. Each update was smooth and faster than expected.
Flight is very stable and I just flew it to 390 feet the other night to catch a sunset.

My experience as well. But not doubting some are seeing vps issues though.

Reactions: Oso
My Android phone and Samsung tablet both running 1.2.0 but my tablet doesn't have the latest follow me and dynamic home point features
There is no follow me so that's not surprising.
Does your tablet have a GPS sensor? Dynamic home point needs that.
The phantom at times doesn't show the proper orienting it's at on the pilot app
That's usually an indication that you need to calibrate the compass in your mobile device.
Google will help you find out how to fix that.

Reactions: blade strike
Hey, just a thought, but for the people with the issues, did they pull the Micro SD back out of the P3P and check the .txt file for a successful update?

i just updated my Pro to the 1.2.6. Now suddenly it starts to drift off a lot. I often fly indoors, so its really focussed on the VPS. I think there is a bug causing the VPS to not function properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31