Finding the best tablet ?

Reaction score
Hi
I have a phantom 3 A and looking for a good tablet without any lag . also do the tablet need a cellular to work with Dji go ? please advise

You can find a list of recommend and commonly used tablets here.

do the tablet need a cellular to work with Dji go?
No.

FYI, if using an Apple device, only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off. If you're going to use a Wi-Fi only Apple device, you could attach a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like one of these) to add GPS later if needed.

On an added note, just be aware that without cellular service with Apple or Android, you will not have live maps. You will need to pre-cache those to the tablet via Wi-Fi before you go fly. If you are considering an Android tablet, IMO, make sure the tablet has a fast processor and at least 2 gig of ram at a minimum.

Thanks for quick reply .
I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge which is recomended by every one and it is 2.3 ghz chipset but when i used it it has weak transmission signal and video is pixeelate and on and off when it is in ground so i never trust to try to getting to the air .

On an added note, just be aware that without cellular service with Apple or Android, you will not have live maps. You will need to pre-cache those to the tablet via Wi-Fi before you go fly. If you are considering an Android tablet, IMO, make sure the tablet has a fast processor and at least 2 gig of ram at a minimum.
I tried my samsung galaxy s7 edge which has a 2.3ghz with 4gb ram but the video transmission is pixelate and to much lag ...

As @msinger mentioned, there are a few extra steps to setting up with Android. The s7 should work just fine as long as the the options are set properly. When you enable "Developer Options" also enable "USB Debugging" within that. If changing the settings doesn't seem to help, you might try a different USB cable, if you haven't tried that already.

As @msinger mentioned, there are a few extra steps to setting up with Android. The s7 should work just fine as long as the the options are set properly. When you enable "Developer Options" also enable "USB Debugging" within that. If changing the settings doesn't seem to help, you might try a different USB cable, if you haven't tried that already.
Thanks for your reply , i tried all the above and i used three different cables but no luck , The weird thing is when i tried my wife iphone 6 plus every thing was perfect . as far as i know the samsung has more ram and strongest chipset . there should be something wrong with the Dji go app . also i tried different apps version from apkmirror but not any changes .

I am currently using a Galaxy Tab S2 ( SM-T710).....Dedicated only for flying. Works great and have never had any pixelation or video lag issues at all. You can get one of those fairly cheaply on Ebay.

I am currently using a Galaxy Tab S2 ( SM-T710).....Dedicated only for flying. Works great and have never had any pixelation or video lag issues at all. You can get one of those fairly cheaply on Ebay.
Thats very big I need a smaller screen . Thank you for your info and advise I will getting an iPad mini 2 or 4 .

Thanks for your reply , i tried all the above and i used three different cables but no luck , The weird thing is when i tried my wife iphone 6 plus every thing was perfect . as far as i know the samsung has more ram and strongest chipset . there should be something wrong with the Dji go app . also i tried different apps version from apkmirror but not any changes .

Because they have two teams designing two separate apps. The iOS version has always been more stable. It’s not your phone. It’s the platform.

FINALLY! Off the small cell phone and ow seeing without jitters or shuddering. Msinger. Let's add another one to the list.

Acer Icon is One 7 - B1-790

I;m amazed at how good the Acer Iconia one 7" tablet is, no lag, no drop outs or disconnections in the 3 months i;ve been using it, i;ve dedicated the Acer to my Mavic pro, still use the trusty old Nividia shield for my P3A.
Seems you should get the Acer with the MedTek processor, for under 90 bucks, very hard to beat.
It does just squeeze into the Mavic holder too.

Reactions: JazzAir
I;m amazed at how good the Acer Iconia one 7" tablet is, no lag, no drop outs or disconnections in the 3 months i;ve been using it, i;ve dedicated the Acer to my Mavic pro, still use the trusty old Nividia shield for my P3A.
Seems you should get the Acer with the MedTek processor, for under 90 bucks, very hard to beat.
It does just squeeze into the Mavic holder too.

Was it you that first suggested this tablet in the first place?? Thanks. Same results.

No, i got the suggestion from a post on Mavic pilots site, i can't remember members handle
Update FYI- Had just finished shooting our local (brand new) lumber supply building that was burning to the ground, Fire marshall asked me if i could take some pics of the towns new fire truck/personnel in action, in my haste to get in the air, & freezing fingers i dropped the Acer, on its edge, on concrete, it litterally blew apart, picked up the pieces, snapped it back together & with some scotch tape stuck the surround back on & taped over the small, triangular piece that broke off covering circuit board as best i could.
**** if it didn't fire up & work just fine, a tough little tablet!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4