Finding the auto authorization for Geo

Reaction score
So, flew a mission today. I was at the take off location yesterday and checked B4UFly and I was ok.

Got there today to be greeted with a red “Cannot take off” in Go4.

I was, according to Google Maps. 5.07 miles from Detroit’s Colman Young International Airport (snicker, you gotta awe this place to appreciate the snicker). Looking at the map I was outside the circle. Close, it still outside. Yet, no joy.

So, I watched a video, I read online, they all suggest that I’ll be prompted to do my own self authorization. Except, none was forthcoming.

Finally, as I stared frustrated, just for giggles I press the Auto take off button (I like starting the props manually, to be sure they are on securely before lifting off). Lo and behold, NOW I’m taken through the process. A quick signing, a text message and code, and I’m unlocked to fly.

I mention this because a) others might benefit and b) to complain. DJI, why isn’t this documented? And why the counterintuitive: “when told you cannot take off, press take off” to get to the rest of a good system? Sounding that pop up automatically? Or when I try to turn the props on? Or when I tap on “Cannot fly”?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor