Find out flight/usage time on used P4P+?

Reaction score
Hi I just bought an opened box store item for $1150. It looks very new or not used at all and what's missing is a battery that's why its cheap. Also there's some dusts (or I'm just being paranoid) inside one of the motors. The landing pads have a touch of used look. The controller looks new except the 2 bottom rubberized round pads got some dirt on them. The drone still has plastic stickers on the sensors and the controller has all the plastics and stickers. just turned them all on and the controller was beeping and the screen went to the DJI setup (looking for wifi signal).

This is silly and crazy paranoid. How do I know if this is the P4P+ with the orignal remote controller? (Pics provided)

How do I find out if the drone is used or not used? Flight time? Serial # of controller and drone? The serial # inside the battery compartment of the drone matches the box. The camera stainless steel side looks like it has some rubbing on it. This is my 2nd P4P+ in a month and I've been mastering day by day so far so good. I'm very new to drone but my first drone was and is a Hubsan H107C+.

If this was registered with DJI server and or FAA by the previous buyer what does this mean for me?

Attachments

• 20190309_185713.jpg
    20190309_185713.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 274
  • 20190309_185602.jpg
    20190309_185602.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 286
  • 20190309_191508.jpg
    20190309_191508.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 258
  • 20190309_191517.jpg
    20190309_191517.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 261
  • 20190309_191627.jpg
    20190309_191627.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Just my view but if it seems used (and it does) then that is not a great price (especially without a battery). MicroCenter has been selling the P4P+ NEW for $999 if you can find it in stock.

If it has been registered with DJI, all that means is that the warranty has already been counting down and you get whatever is left. That is assuming it was sold by an authorized DJI reseller.

If it was previously registered with the FAA that is no issue at all since you can just register it yourself. That only applies for Part 107 commercial registration . Under Section 336 recreational rules you don't register each drone individually.

Reactions: Frylikeabird
Just my view but if it seems used (and it does) then that is not a great price (especially without a battery). MicroCenter has been selling the P4P+ NEW for $999 if you can find it in stock.

If it has been registered with DJI, all that means is that the warranty has already been counting down and you get whatever is left. That is assuming it was sold by an authorized DJI reseller.

If it was previously registered with the FAA that is no issue at all since you can just register it yourself. That only applies for Part 107 commercial registration . Under Section 336 recreational rules you don't register each drone individually.
Is there to find the actual flight time? If when I turned it on it's taking me to the DJI setup screen does this means its new?

Is there to find the actual flight time? If when I turned it on it's taking me to the DJI setup screen does this means its new?
No, you won't get actual flight time. Flight time is kept in the account records of the person who was logged in to DJI when the flights took place (or other flight services if not using DJI Go).

The setup screen doesn't necessarily mean it's new. The screen that tells you it is new is one that asks you to register the craft itself with DJI. That happens only with a new craft or in some cases one that has been recently repaired (depending on which parts get replaced).

No, you won't get actual flight time. Flight time is kept in the account records of the person who was logged in to DJI when the flights took place (or other flight services if not using DJI Go).

The setup screen doesn't necessarily mean it's new. The screen that tells you it is new is one that asks you to register the craft itself with DJI. That happens only with a new craft or in some cases one that has been recently repaired (depending on which parts get replaced).
So I got a new one because I finally decided to through with the process of putting in my email and there was a screen it asked me to name my drone so I named it. So I'm lucky! I'll keep that DJI screen name process in mind on my next open box purchase. But oh man that battery at BestBuy is expensive not BB fault but DJI :) thankyou!

So I got a new one because I finally decided to through with the process of putting in my email and there was a screen it asked me to name my drone so I named it. So I'm lucky! I'll keep that DJI screen name process in mind on my next open box purchase. But oh man that battery at BestBuy is expensive not BB fault but DJI :) thankyou!
You're welcome. I hope you get great usage out of it.

Reactions: Frylikeabird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31