Finally pulled the trigger on an Advanced

Of course, the driver did not in fact come back by my apartment at 6 like I was told he would. When I called the UPS hub at 6:30, I was informed that he had already checked in for the night and gone home. This is so frustrating. I'm sure it'll work out in the end but I frankly just don't have the time to deal with this. Literally have never had a package get lost or misdelivered before and of course it happens with the most expensive thing I think I've ever bought online. Ok, rant over for now. Fingers crossed for good news from UPS in the morning!

Hey I got a tip! Don't fly towards you.... Or backwards! When landing point it the same direction your standing. So left is left and right is right! Otherwise when you try to be evasive left is right etc. and boom into a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey I got a tip! Don't fly towards you.... Or backwards! When landing point it the same direction your standing. So left is left and right is right! Otherwise when you try to be evasive left is right etc. and boom into a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks! That should help keep me from losing my bird once I get her up and flying. I just didn't expect to lose her before I even opened the box haha.

UPS sucks. Now I got that off my chest, I also just got a new P3A a week ago. My package had been opened but fortunately nothing was missing. First thing I did was update firmware , mine was several versions old. Quad flies flawlessly. Enjoy if UPS ever finds it.

UPS sucks. Now I got that off my chest, I also just got a new P3A a week ago. My package had been opened but fortunately nothing was missing. First thing I did was update firmware , mine was several versions old. Quad flies flawlessly. Enjoy if UPS ever finds it.

Jeez an opened box? This is a relatively new place for me and I haven't had UPS deliver anything here before. Mostly USPS and they just about always leave packages with the leasing office. FedEx left a package with a new smartphone at my door but fortunately there were no issues that time. It's not a shady complex by any means, I really doubt someone stole it in the hour or so it took me to head home to check.

From what I've briefly read online, it sounds like Amazon is pretty good about sending replacements when packages go missing. At least there's that.

Mine looked to be open as well by UPS but after closer inspection I decided it was not. Mine had clear tape on the top and bottom of the shipping box and then blue tape over the top of the clear tape which had been cut. However, the DJI anti tamper seal "Void if Damaged" was between the top clear and bluer tape and appeared to be uncut.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 241
Phew! Guess a neighbor got it by mistake because my Phantom was sitting at my door this afternoon. Quick question. Is it normal for the gimbal to only be attached with the little plastic clips at 2 rather than four corners??

Attachments

• 1455211030463.jpg
    1455211030463.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 253

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers