Finally ordered my P4, Now which tablet/Ipad??

Anyone else notice how hard it is to find the Nvidia Shield k1? Must be all the phantom pilots scooping them up...

Supposedly it's an inventory issue that Nvidia is working on. They've jumped up $100 in price over the past few days. Should come back down within a week or so.

Well decided to just go with the shield for now (just ordered). I'm also going to get an Apple product just not sure which one yet, that way I can try both platforms. The shield is cheap so leaves my options open for the ipad in the near future.

Reactions: Derek Mackinnon
Can't find one in the UK but have been offered a chance to pre-order one for delivery mid May - not clear though if it is a wifi only or wifi and 3G version - do they make both or are they all 3G and wifi ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

According to their website the 16Gb model does not have a SIM card slot for 3G - you need the 32Gb LTE Model - which I can't even find for sale in the UK - anyone shed any light on this please?

No the Nvidia shield tablet

Here's the one I ordered in Canada (its Canadian funds so price looks a little higher):

Looks to have an expandable SD slot and GPS

Nvidia Shield Tablet K1, 16GB at Memory Express

Operating System Android 5.0 Lollipop (Android 6.0 Marshmallow Over-The-Air upgrade available)
Processor NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 192 core Kepler GPU
2.2 GHz ARM Cortex A15 CPU with 2GB RAM
Display 8-inch 1920x1200 multi-touch Full HD display
Storage 16 GB
*Portion of storage occupied by system software.
Wireless 802.11n 2x2 Mimo 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
GPS / GLONASS

Interface Mini-HDMI output
Micro-USB 2.0
MicroSD storage slot
3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
with microphone support
Motion Sensors 3-axis gyro
3-axis accelerometer
3-axis compass

Gaming Features SHIELD controller compatible
GeForce NOW™ cloud gaming
Console Mode
NVIDIA ShadowPlay
Camera Front: 5MP HDR; Back: 5MP auto focus HDR
Video Features 4K Ultra-HD Ready

Included apps Google Play™
NVIDIA SHIELD Hub
NVIDIA Dabbler™
Squid
Twitch

Battery 19.75 Watt Hours

Dimensions Height: 8.8in / 221mm
Width: 5.0in / 126mm
Depth: 0.36in / 9.2mm
Weight Weight: 12.6 oz / 356 g

Yes it has GPS - but thought you needed a SIM card / 3G to access it ?

Yes it has GPS - but thought you needed a SIM card / 3G to access it ?

From what I hear you do not. I asked the same question regarding the ipads (cellular) and you still get GPS with no sim card or provider. I couod be wrong, hopefully someone who has one can chime in?

I have an iPad 4 wi fi model - if I connect this to the P4 I get the 'no gps' message - only when I tether it to my iPhone via personal hotspot do I get GPS - could do with some clarification here before I shell out on a new tablet that may offer nothing more than what I have now

The iPad wifi versions do not include gps, only the cellular versions do. The Nvidia Sheild has gps in all versions plus has hdmi out.

Gps is required if you want the P4 to track you while you are walking with the rc.

Gps is required if you want the P4 to track you while you are walking with the rc.

The P4 will track you with active track, which doesn't require GPS.

From what I hear you do not. I asked the same question regarding the ipads (cellular) and you still get GPS with no sim card or provider. I couod be wrong, hopefully someone who has one can chime in?
The P4 will track you with active track, which doesn't require GPS.

But I think it has a 'follow me' function that does require GPS ?

But I think it has a 'follow me' function that does require GPS ?

That is correct, the P4 has follow me, just like the P3 does, which requires GPS, but and this is just my opinion after using Active Track, I wouldn't need follow me because mine appears to work well. just my opinion though.

I use a samsung tab a and its good has good gps for home point

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik