Finally... I got it :)

Reaction score
Taking advantage of the Black Friday I've found a good deal and I grabbed it.

Now... first of all... I have to watch all tutorials and read all the books... then I wanna practice a bit with the simulator...

Any other advices ?

Only what you just said, some people don't read the manuals and watch the videos, then come to grief. I'd suggest you get an Eachine H8 or similar to practice your Atti mode flying indoors when it's dark/wet/windy. Quadcopter FX simulator (play store or iStore) is better than the DJI simulator IMHO.
Happy flying, and stay safe.

Reactions: PeteM and deltamike
Any other advices ?
When you get it you'll find that it's much easier to fly than you imagined.
It takes about 5 minutes to learn - but a lot of practice and experience to become proficient.
Don't let the simplicity make you get too adventurous too early.
There are many things that can go wrong and you need to understand what they are and how to make sure they don't happen to you.

But for learning, the critical thing is to practise in a large clear open area, well away from trees and buildings.
Flying close to obstacles is by far, the largest killer of Phantoms.
Obstacles are the number one enemy of quadcopters.

My advice to you is go through the manuals and videos.

Charge batteries fully before starting.

Don't fly near houses or trees Find out totally open field. Most of the accidents happen with trees and buildings.

Last but not the least, have patience. Learn RTH and how to cancel RTH.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Very important to set your return to home parameters. Most first timers forget to set the height higher than the tallest obstacles and crash it when it does hit RTH.
Never get freaked out, stay calm.
Don't get too confident.
Don't turn off your obstacle sensors
Have fun and don't piss off neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: PeteM and JohnnyB
I tried Quadcopter FX simulator... unfortunately I can not control the drone of the simulator via the remote control of the Phantom 4 :(

How should I do?

No problem for the rest... I read everything, seen the video tutorials and tried the DJI simulator...

You should use the flight simulator built into DJI GO or the DJI Assistant 2 app.

In addition to everything mentioned, e.g., set your RTH altitude, make sure you are comfortable switching to manual mode (ATTI) if the bird starts flying erratically.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I got few doubts about the landing.

Firts of all... its better to land it on the ground or recover it with your hand ?

And in the first case... it is better to do it manually or use the automatic landing ?

In the manual landing procedure its written to bring the drone near the ground and then lower the altitude stick for 3 seconds in order to turn off the engines... if I lower that stick for 3 seconds while flying in the air I turn off the engines at high altitude ?

The engines will only shut off if you hold the throttle down for 3 seconds and the altitude does not change, i.e., you caught it or it landed

Reactions: PeteM
Clear.

So... whats the best way to land safely without the risk to stress the gear... autolanding, hand catching or normal manual landing ?

Truth is all have merits and you will I suspect receive differing view, particularly regarding hand catching which of course has injury risk. I would recommend learning normal manual landing first (auto landing there is no learning - just watch & take over manual if necessary). I hand catch to avoid tip over and or uneven landing spot and so that I can just in case. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So... whats the best way to land safely without the risk to stress the gear... autolanding
With practice, you should be able to manually land without stressing the gear.

Depends on the situation, which comes with experience. I never use auto takeoff or auto landing. I usually land on the ground. If I'm on a boat, I hand catch it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic