Field Report - Ongoing range testing results for P3P - W323B/GL300C

Recently acquired my P3P which is the newest version, the bird is the W323B with the GL300C remote. Both are claimed to have crippled power outputs compared to the earlier versions with a reduction in range. So Little by little I have been testing out what my quad is capable of. So far I have yet to hit the limit. I will be updating this thread as I do more testing. Everything is completely stock.

Test #1 - Max distance 5,179 ft @ 110ft Alt - Full Signal
Test #2 - Max distance 9,061 ft @ 150ft Alt - Full Signal
Test #3 - Max distance 11,258 ft @ 200ft Alt - Full Signal
Test #4 - Max distance 12,544 ft @ 200ft Alt - Full Signal

Could have stayed at 110 ft easy the whole way but I had to go up high to avoid some big towers for high voltage lines.Dropped down to 60ft Alt around 10K feet as a test and I only dropped one bar on the video link. Still had near perfect signal and video. That really shocked me. Test site was a canal bank that goes on for miles. I had clear LOS to the phantom. I feel I could have gone a lot further than 12.5K feet but I am still new to this and was kind of nervous to take it any further. Came back with plenty of battery left. Maybe next time I will try for 3 miles and call it quits/good enough.
Sure need to try this again with the newest update that came out in beginning this July

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj