Feature suggestion for DJI (DJI please read!): audio PING!

Reaction score
You know when you start up the Phantom, it makes a serious of musical notes. Well, wouldn't it be nice if we could assign one of the bottom controller buttons to make those sounds. That way, if it lands in thick trees we could listen for its location.

You could even have a download shop, assuming it can play other musical notes, so that you could get the PH3 to play music.

That would be a nice feature. In addition, maybe you could program your smartphone to say things as well such as "25% battery" or "you have reached 400 feet". But it has to be a British woman or I wont use it

Reactions: RyanK
However, we are not DJI. You might want to send them a message and let them know of this request. Personally, I'd rather see them work on a lot of other issues.

As far as speaking, I suspect we will be seeing that from others with the released SDK. I get the impression that DJI is not going to be doing much with the Pilot app, other then correcting bugs and issues, and will rely on other parties to make a better app.

The audio you hear comes from the ESC. I don't think it has a capability of a speaker to do this. The ESC would have to be the device to output the audio. To my knowledge it's only capable on startup...I could be wrong.

Yea, sort of. The motor is the actual transducer so it cannot produce sound while operating.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. But would suggest buying a tracker :)

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers