Fearless Backpack and the P3

Reaction score
My Fearless backpack came at the end of last week and my P3A made it here today, so I can give a report about how that they work together.

The P3 itself fits extremely well in the Fearless backpack. There is enough clearance for the longer legs and wider base and the foam inserts hug it very nicely. The one small problem comes with the controller. The P3 controller simply won't fit in the Fearless as it comes since it is so different than the P2 controllers.

The good news is that a small modification fixed this really nicely! I simply cut out a small section of the foam allowing the tablet holder portion of the controller to extend into the top most compartment of the backpack. The section to remove should be 3 1/4" wide and 4 1/2" deep. The controller will sit in this notch but the foam beneath the notch will keep the controller from resting on the antenna at the on either side.

Otherwise, there is plenty of room for all of your accessories including your tablet, power cords, extra batteries (soon?), memory cards, and almost anything else you want to add. Of note, the propellers fit best in the inside mesh pocket of the backpack cover.

Hope this helps someone!
Chris

IMG_3930.JPG IMG_3931.JPG IMG_3931a.jpg

Thanks Bro. I just this minute was trying to figure that out myself.

My Fearless backpack came at the end of last week and my P3A made it here today, so I can give a report about how that they work together.

The P3 itself fits extremely well in the Fearless backpack. There is enough clearance for the longer legs and wider base and the foam inserts hug it very nicely. The one small problem comes with the controller. The P3 controller simply won't fit in the Fearless as it comes since it is so different than the P2 controllers.

The good news is that a small modification fixed this really nicely! I simply cut out a small section of the foam allowing the tablet holder portion of the controller to extend into the top most compartment of the backpack. The section to remove should be 3 1/4" wide and 4 1/2" deep. The controller will sit in this notch but the foam beneath the notch will keep the controller from resting on the antenna at the on either side.

Otherwise, there is plenty of room for all of your accessories including your tablet, power cords, extra batteries (soon?), memory cards, and almost anything else you want to add. Of note, the propellers fit best in the inside mesh pocket of the backpack cover.

Hope this helps someone!
Chris

View attachment 19055 View attachment 19056 View attachment 19061

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 454
My Goprofesional backpack fits the P3 as well and i didn't even have to make any cuts or changes to the foam and have plenty of room left for other things... not to mention it doesn't look like you are carrying a a inflated balloon on your back....

Reactions: mikespe
my mod. controller won't move

still leaves room for props. mounted mine far left and it's held by the foam and the metal stand

Reactions: MariposaLand
I had this bag w/my P2 V3. I loved it but its HUGE. Also, I test-fit the Inspire 1's controller and realized it would need to be cut so I returned it. I wasn't about to cut into a 150 dollar bag that was brand new. The people at Fearless said the P3 remote will fit with no issues and that isn't the case... (no pun intended)

it fits, but it's not secure. So I made the necessary cuts. Got mine for 109 from coptershop with coupon (now expired), so I'm not complaining. It is huge. But it's something I only need to take me to and from the local park or travel in the car. The goprofessional isn't that much smaller from a video I saw on youtube. figured 109, what's to complain about

Everyone will have their preferences. This is a large bag but for me is a good compromise between the backpack / hardshell suitcase type cases. It's very light, and I find that I hand carry it with the top strap more than put it on my back.

For me, no regrets at all on this one. I like the protection and space, and in my circumstance am not carrying it very long distances.

The little mod that I had to make gave a much better fit and better protection for the controller and didn't decrease the integrity of the bag at all.

There are lots of good solutions out there. I just wanted to share information on how to make this bag work for those who like it!

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl