FC40 Immediately Climbs High on Takeoff, Won't Hover Low Altitude

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm definitely a noob to this hobby, and just bought a used FC40. It works great, except that I can't get it to not climb with the stick neutral, it just goes up to beyond where I lose wifi to the camera before I have to reduce throttle below neutral. I've replaced the stock motors with the T-Motors and am running the original style props. I've connected to the Naza software and checked all settings, updated to latest available firmware and even reduced the vertical gain to 70%. I have good GPS signal per the LED, and it will come home and auto land on low battery. A couple of odd things I've noticed are 1. when I first start the props, they seem to operate on like a low idle speed, then without any input from the control they speed up, and 2. the other day I had a slight crash and after I restarted, it tried to maintain hover at about 8ft of altitude, but wouldn't maintain any lower.

Any and all ideas and thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

Hello Everyone,
I'm definitely a noob to this hobby, and just bought a used FC40. It works great, except that I can't get it to not climb with the stick neutral, it just goes up to beyond where I lose wifi to the camera before I have to reduce throttle below neutral. I've replaced the stock motors with the T-Motors and am running the original style props. I've connected to the Naza software and checked all settings, updated to latest available firmware and even reduced the vertical gain to 70%. I have good GPS signal per the LED, and it will come home and auto land on low battery. A couple of odd things I've noticed are 1. when I first start the props, they seem to operate on like a low idle speed, then without any input from the control they speed up, and 2. the other day I had a slight crash and after I restarted, it tried to maintain hover at about 8ft of altitude, but wouldn't maintain any lower.

Any and all ideas and thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

Calibration of the TX maybe ?

Although I haven't tried to connect the TX directly to the Naza software, I did verify the travel of the sticks when the drone was connected to the software. I'll see whatever else I can do with the TX tonight and report back.
Thanks!

So I wasn't able to see any way to connect the TX to the NAZA software directly, but did calibrate the sticks again, and no change..... any other ideas????

So I wasn't able to see any way to connect the TX to the NAZA software directly, but did calibrate the sticks again, and no change..... any other ideas????

Not from me, I’m more a P2 guy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic