Favorite devices for use with phantom controllers

Reaction score
What is the best device for use with phantom controllers? I am getting ready to buy a phantom 3 I already know that my poor excuse for a smartphone will not be good for this application. So what are y'all using please?

Thanks

I love my Lenovo Tab 4. It has the GPS in it. Plus, it is nice and BIG! A bit heavier than I would like (but I am a woman, NO offense to other STRONG women, please! )...and the glare is a bit troublesome. I need to try and get a cover for it now. Otherwise, it works like a dream. I only put the specific flying apps I need on it, and use it just about exclusively for flying. My particular version does not have a huge memory GB. So I keep it light on downloads.

My Note 9 is perfectly matched with my P4 Advanced. Any newer device that has brightness. If your going with an iPad, you will need a sun shade.

Is anyone using the Amazon Kindle Fire 8? I see that you can get one on eBay for a great price.

I used a Kindle Fire 7 I already had when I first got my P3 standard, but I wouldn't buy one... it was slow but worked because it connected to the RC via Wi-Fi. When I later got a P3 Pro it would not work wired to the RC because of the way Amazon programmed the USB port.

I've seen many people praise the Lenovo mentioned by @Lindsaybev as a budget-priced tablet that works well.

I bought a Huawei Mediapad M3... fast, bright, great specs... love it

Good luck

Expensive but love my Crystal Sky. I do however also use an iPad mini 3 when I have to use Drone Deply.

I use my wife's Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX, and it works OK. Needs a sun shade.

Hi all,
I use my Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30HC, works great w ith my Phantom 3 Pro. might need a shade to assist with the glare sometimes but really a nice unit.

Just read thru this thread and it was great! Lots of info for us noobs. I'm thinking very seriously about an Amazon Fire HD8 32gb. Anyone using one and if so, what are your thoughts, particularly on brightness? Currently, I'm using my Moto Droid Turbo phone, but I'd like more brightness and a larger screen. Current bird is a P4 standard, moved over to it from a Yuneec Typhoon H and the big screen controller was addictive. Thanks in advance!

Just read thru this thread and it was great! Lots of info for us noobs. I'm thinking very seriously about an Amazon Fire HD8 32gb. Anyone using one and if so, what are your thoughts, particularly on brightness? Currently, I'm using my Moto Droid Turbo phone, but I'd like more brightness and a larger screen. Current bird is a P4 standard, moved over to it from a Yuneec Typhoon H and the big screen controller was addictive. Thanks in advance!
Can be a bit tricky to set up although there are threads on the forum that explain how.

Unlikely to be suitable for you as others have said the screen has issues with glare and brightness outdoors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20