Fatal crash...

Reaction score
After hundreds of drone flights, one of our operators lost control of our RTK drone today. Take-off was normal, flying a pre-designed way-point route, then at 1 minute 23 seconds, the drone just spiraled to it's death, a total write-off unfortunately. I'd really appreciate any help to analyze the log. Airdata says that a side-shock was detected with a possible impact, It was 150m up in the air, certainly no obstacles that could have hit it, possibly a bird but they are very rare here. One prop was smashed on impact but all the parts were located very close to the impact site so I don't think a prop failed in the air. The drone is only a few months old but is used every day, certainly no defects had been noted. Log is attached below and any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• drone_crash.jpg
    drone_crash.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-09-06_[11-17-21].txt
    236.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
After hundreds of drone flights, one of our operators lost control of our RTK drone today. Take-off was normal, flying a pre-designed way-point route, then at 1 minute 23 seconds, the drone just spiraled to it's death, a total write-off unfortunately. I'd really appreciate any help to analyze the log. Airdata says that a side-shock was detected with a possible impact, It was 150m up in the air, certainly no obstacles that could have hit it, possibly a bird but they are very rare here. One prop was smashed on impact but all the parts were located very close to the impact site so I don't think a prop failed in the air. The drone is only a few months old but is used every day, certainly no defects had been noted. Log is attached below and any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Trouble started at 82.9 seconds when the drone pitched back heavily and rolled hard left and started tumbling and spinning to the ground.

It looks like the drone lost the front left motor or prop.

If it just hit a bird without damaging the drone, you would expect it to recover fairly quickly.
The tumbling and spinning indicates that one prop was not functioning during the fall.

Thanks for your reply Meta4. Front left prop is undamaged, back left prop and motor are detached from the drone, the prop is broken into three, however all three pieces were found within 1.5m of the crash site so I believe this happened on impact, leaving motor failure as the most likely cause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31