Fat shark dominator goggles

Reaction score
Fat shark dominator goggles,I believe in regards to phantom 4 flyers the phantom 4 controller does not need any add on for DM HI I believe the goggles plug right in to the phantom 4 controller however I do not see the connections I need after purchasing dominator glasses ??
Am I correct??

Last edited:
Fat shark dominator goggles,I believe in regards to phantom 4 flyers the phantom 4 controller does not need any add on for DM HI I believe the goggles plug right in to the phantom 4 controller however I do not see the connections I need after purchasing dominator glasses ??
Am I correct??
I have a p4p and installed the hdmi module and should receive my FS dominator HD3's tomorrow I'm hopefull they will work together.

I have a p4p and installed the hdmi module and should receive my FS dominator HD3's tomorrow I'm hopefull they will work together.
Received my HD3's today. Guess I had too high expectations, they work fine and I can use my iPad and goggles at the same time, disappointed in the imagery, not as good as I hoped it would be.

If you're most interested in quality, then get the Avegant Glyph headset.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I guess I need to take a look at them. One question though , what besides quality would someone be most interested in? When I look at my retina iPad the image is great, trouble is, can't see squat outdoors, hince the goggles.
Maybe I just expect too much.

Like the HD3, most reviews are positive, guess I will order Glyphs this evening. I'm sure there will be something better next month but it's impossible to stay current.
Thanks again

One question though , what besides quality would someone be most interested in?
There are lots of things to consider. For example:
  • Some goggles block out 100% of outside light. Others allow you to see through them or above/below them.
  • Some goggles are compact and easy to store/pack. Others are large and in charge.
  • Some goggles have a small screen inside. Others are very immersive and fill the entire viewing area.
  • Some goggles break the bank. Others are more budget-friendly.
  • Some goggles work better with glasses. Others are not glasses-friendly.
All of the available goggles/glasses have pros and cons.

Reactions: BillVan
There are lots of things to consider. For example:
  • Some goggles block out 100% of outside light. Others allow you to see through them or above/below them.
  • Some goggles are compact and easy to store/pack. Others are large and in charge.
  • Some goggles have a small screen inside. Others are very immersive and fill the entire viewing area.
  • Some goggles break the bank. Others are more budget-friendly.
  • Some goggles work better with glasses. Others are not glasses-friendly.
All of the available goggles/glasses have pros and cons.
Thanks singer for your in depth explanation touching on some points I haven't given any thought to. More complex than appears on the surface. I'm looking for the sharpest image I can obtain, I have the HD3's and will receive the Glyphs on Tues. we'll see where we go from there. I do video production so clarity and sharpness are important. If I can't see clearly what shot or video I'm getting makes it a hit and miss. Is there a difference between Glyph Founders Edition and Glyph Theater (something to the effect)?

Is there a difference between Glyph Founders Edition and Glyph Theater (something to the effect)?
I'm not sure. I have the Founders Edition. They are definitely sharper than my Fat Sharks.

I'm not sure. I have the Founders Edition. They are definitely sharper than my Fat Sharks.
Thanks, the YouTube videos I watched mentioned they were Founders Edition and say so on the box but they say they are $799 the ones I bought from Amazon don't show the box but I paid $499. Once again, confusion has set in.

I bought the headset on Amazon for $499. My box shows it's the Founders Edition.

I bought the headset on Amazon for $499. My box shows it's the Founders Edition.
The Glyph's were delivered today, I would like to thank you again for mentioning them. After a minute of flight "under the hood" I knew I liked them. Guess I realized that even before flying, as soon as I adjusted the lenses for the test pattern I knew they were the one. For now at least!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31