Faster P3?

You weren't going fast enough to experience altitude loss. Also my experience so far is confined to the Phantom 2 Vision, until my P3 arrives next week.

I noticed some altitude loss when I was flying at 50mph for an extended distance. You flew barely over 40 for a much shorter distance. Phantoms going in excess or these speeds are the result of flying with a tail wind behind you. On a calm day I think the fastest a P3 will go is around 35 to 40mph. Less than that for a P2.

The P3 has different characteristics then that of the V2+V3. I have gotten the chance to make a decent amount of highspeed Atti flights with the P3. Each flight is around 1/4 mile depending. 60% of the flights were with a tail wind. The other 40% were were for testing data on flight loggers that most are using. Each of the the 60% tailwind flight there was no altitude loss. As I remember the P3 actually did a excellent job of maintaining altitude. I think at some points it would fluctuate 2-3 feet from the set altitude point. With the V2+V3 it wasn't much to see it drop 25-40 feet while in Atti mode, and GPS mode if fly into a wall of wind.

Anyhows... not sure if I mentioned this or not somewhere else, but on the 8th while in P'mode and no wind my P3P went 45mph. I went around and attempted to back it up but it would not duplicate it.

After looking over the flight log data it was the Pitch that was the one & only contributor for it. On the backup flight everything was the same except the pitch level was around 10 degrees less, and so was the mph. 35mph. I have a dashware video of the flight that I'm just about finished with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31