Fall colors on a mountaintop.

I’m doing the sd card. I thought it looked low quality also. I had the first mishap with this flight. I was getting some green screen while flying down a path. I thought a forest floor shot with all the colors would be nice, The green screen came on and the ac was around a turn at about 5 ft. el. It nick a tree trunk with one prop. The prop broke and the video got corrupted in the fall. I fix the corrupted video but it didn’t act right in the editing. It took 4 tries to render it to you tube. I put so much time in it, I just gave up and let it be because of that corrupted video. I didn’t think I could fix it anyway. My wife also said leave it. She thought I was being too picky.

I thought the color was saturated enough, but I never touched the contrast. I am having a difficult time understanding the video editing process and program. I seem to do fine with stills, but even that has taken some time. I use to have fun posting on Panoramio. I need to get the computer video card upgraded. I had to retire this year because of medical reasons and can’t throw money into everything at once. I do what I can and I’m having a great time flying my p4. I dreamed of flying since I was a little kid. I do appreciate your comments and knowledge. Thank you.
To edit 1080 on a computer, you really don't need a video card, although it does help. If you have an i5 CPU, Windows, 8GB (16 preferred), and the computer is less than 3yrs old, that should suffice to edit 1080 video resolutions pretty good. If you ever get into 4K editing, you will definitely need a higher end computer with a graphics accelerator. What editing s/w are you using? I assume you captured the fall color video at 1080, correct? After you edited the video, are you sure you rendered at 1080 as your final step?

Last edited:
To edit 1080 on a computer, you really don't need a video card, although it does help. If you have an i5 CPU, Windows, 8GB (16 preferred), and the computer is less than 3yrs old, that should suffice to edit 1080 video resolutions pretty good. If you even get into 4K, you will definitely need a higher end computer with a graphics accelerator. What editing s/w are you using? I assume you captured the fall color video at 1080, correct? After you edited the video, are you sure you rendered at 1080 as your final step?
I don’t speak computer well. Does this say anything? Window 10, 64 bit operating sys. Amd a8 7600 Radeon r7, ram 8 Gb. I think we got it in 2015. I shoot in 2 k. I use Adobe premier elements 13.

I don’t speak computer well. Does this say anything? Window 10, 64 bit operating sys. Amd a8 7600 Radeon r7, ram 8 Gb. I think we got it in 2015. I shoot in 2 k. I use Adobe premier elements 13.
Sure, that system should work great for 1080 renders and editing. I've used Elements before and it works good, easy to use. However, it is a little querky on the render. When you render the video to export, go to "Devices" tab and change the resolution to 1080. I think that's your issue, because you have to set it to 1080 every time you export the edited video. I haven't been able to solve that problem, I don't know why it doesn't remember that I always want 1080. Look at that and see if that helps.

Sure, that system should work great for 1080 renders and editing. I've used Elements before and it works good, easy to use. However, it is a little querky on the render. When you render the video to export, go to "Devices" tab and change the resolution to 1080. I think that's your issue, because you have to set it to 1080 every time you export the edited video. I haven't been able to solve that problem, I don't know why it doesn't remember that I always want 1080. Look at that and see if that helps.
I don’t render it with the editor. I did that one time and it was so poor. I take my finished video and go to social media. I let You Tube render it.

I am very curious to check out and learn what you told me.

When you export from Elements 15, here's the settings below you want to have before clicking "Save". Just click on the "HD 1080" (turns to blue box) and you should be good. Also, make sure you select your destination folder with the "Browse" button to make sure you know where to find the file after it's done rendering your video.

upload_2017-11-10_19-28-52.png

Th
When you export from Elements 15, here's the settings below you want to have before clicking "Save". Just click on the "HD 1080" (turns to blue box) and you should be good. Also, make sure you select your destination folder with the "Browse" button to make sure you know where to find the file after it's done rendering your video.

View attachment 90632
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reactions: OOO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31