Faith has been restored in DJI

Reaction score
So despite having my phone cut out using DJI go app I decided to give it another shot. Reason? I am flying by the coast over the sea and if there is a malfunction then DJI can't blame litchi and vice versa.

So off I went and then it started drizzling down. No problem so I carried on flying... At that moment I saw droplets running down the camera... OK.. Better land it. This thing was soaked.

So I went to the pub and dried it off. Done all the checks and launched again. This time for the first ever time in my life I actually went through the clouds. (This was over the sea) what a buzz.... Then I lost signal... For nearly 2 mins. Then I heard that amazing buzzing of the props. And their she was.... Good 'ole blighty coming home. App was 10/10 and so was the phantom. Thought I would share this to let newbies know its not just complaints on here. Most people just don't write in if they had a good flight [emoji4]
1504570413931.jpg

Thanks for posting up a good news story instead of 'another fly away', 'dropped from the sky and its DJIs fault', 'DJI sucks', 'why didn't OA work at 50 kph when headed for the side of a sky scraper in downtown Birmingham'.
Like many others, I have mostly trust in DJI to deliver on what the specs state and if you do your pre start properly and you understand the settings, it invariably does what you tell the drone to do. I've flown down at the beach and sent it out of sight with a couple of RTH events and had it come back. Nervous at first, but the footage and experience is worth it.

I know what you mean [emoji4] my first ever beech/coast/ out to sea flight and I loved it. If anything did go wrong I would look at the flight data first. I am more then happy to admit if I was to blame as I did before last year when I had a litchi problem... Turns out it was me all along lol. But I did send a personal message of apology to litchi incase they read my moany thread blaming them and also set the record straight on here too [emoji4]

That's why we buy DJI quads. They work, are cheaper and I also testify, built to take it. I should be a DJI test pilot. You wouldn't believe what I have done to my p3s! If I get it back together after that tree, then rock and then bouncing in the river for 3 days, till I finely fished it out from underneath that waterfall. Only one time do to firmware video lag, I blame DJI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Tevek and johnnyB you are so right. [emoji4] hutch.... Does it really matter if I start it with "so"?
Its my thread, my words, my way of explaining. Or shall I start quoting Shakespeare now every time I write a thread?

"How do I compare thee drone to a hot summers day"

Why do people have to start their sentence with "so"?

Why would you even bother to say something like that when someone is telling their experience about a great flight they had?
You should think a little more before responding in a negative way, it makes YOU look stupid in my opinion. Enjoy the site and be more positive, it's better for everyone that way.
Looking forward to they video.

So very glad Neon you got to wash the Phantom off in clouds. So how did it feel. So when it came back did you cheer? So, I'm waiting on video too.... (So?)...

Every time any one of us puts our beloved Phantom up and it comes back safe, all of us should be cheering it!
Cheers Neon!

Lol thanks guys. Just got back from holiday and will upload later tonight after I rest up. Was quite an amazing thing to experience. It also had a very long wash last night as it got caught on the hotel roof and then it poured down right up until today. It only stopped raining the min the drone was taken of the roof lol.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl