Failsafe Settings

Reaction score
So I'm using Imperial non-metric under General Settings. However in the Failsafe RTH Height settings in Advanced, the example it uses is shown in Metric.

Should I set my RTH height as metric or Imperial? If I set it to say 60 will that be 60ft or 200ft.

So I'm using Imperial non-metric under General Settings. However in the Failsafe RTH Height settings in Advanced, the example it uses is shown in Metric.

Should I set my RTH height as metric or Imperial? If I set it to say 60 will that be 60ft or 200ft.
Try it out and report back.

Well I noticed too the Max Height setting is also shown in meters. The example shows a max of 500 meters. If that were really feet then I should be able to enter over 1600ft but it will not let me type anything greater than 500, therefore I must assume that although you can choose to see Imperial in the settings, that must only apply to perhaps telemetry data displayed i.e Feet vs Meters. Otherwise everything else in the settings likely uses Meters as the examples show.

Reactions: Designer
Well I noticed too the Max Height setting is also shown in meters. The example shows a max of 500 meters. If that were really feet then I should be able to enter over 1600ft but it will not let me type anything greater than 500, therefore I must assume that although you can choose to see Imperial in the settings, that must only apply to perhaps telemetry data displayed i.e Feet vs Meters. Otherwise everything else in the settings likely uses Meters as the examples show.

Correct ........ you set those settings in meters ..... default RTH is 20m ~60' .... I use 50m ~150'

I found this out the hard way. I was out to about 1050 ft when I lost contact. (lots of trees) and had set my failsafe to about 150ft. or so I thought.
When I activated RTH I was alarmed to see within about 15 seconds that as my video was flickering back my height was rapidly climbing towards the 500 ft mark. The recorded video was spectacular at that height but 300 is my limit here in Canada.
So it seems that all measurements on the dji Pilot are in meters and all you can do is make the calculations when you want feet shown on your telemetry output. It was my most spectacular video so far.
As a side note, I wonder if the recorded flight data on your tablet and even our conversations or confessions stated here on phantom pilots can be used by some eager beaver law enforcement dude.
"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you!"
I'm not but I heard this once and thought it had merit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20