FAA Registration

Reaction score
Where do I go to get the 5.00 registration. I found one for 30.00 for three years. I just want the one year.

You can register on the FAA's website here. Register under "Section 336" if you're only flying as a hobbyist.

All registrations are good for 3 years. There is no way to only register for one year.

Where do I go to get the 5.00 registration. I found one for 30.00 for three years. I just want the one year.
Sounds like paid one of the (unnecessary) 3rd party outfits. Last I checked, FAA direct (per msinger) is $5 for three years.

Reactions: BigAl07
I got it. I was looking at the 107 license instead of the 336 I think.

No - the Part 107 license is $150 for two years. You were almost certainly looking at one of the "scam" websites that offers to act as a pointless middleman in exchange for $25.

Let’s not confuse a part 107 pilot cert with a part 107 drone registration.

The cert test does go for $150 and is good for 2 years. But if the OP was referring to 107 drone reg, there IS a different process for drone reg if you are going to use it under your part 107 cert. That does not cost $150 but it’s not what the OP stated either. It’s still only $5 for three years. The difference is if you have more than one drone you have to register each one.

Let’s not confuse a part 107 pilot cert with a part 107 drone registration.

The cert test does go for $150 and is good for 2 years. But if the OP was referring to 107 drone reg, there IS a different process for drone reg if you are going to use it under your part 107 cert. That does not cost $150 but it’s not what the OP stated either. It’s still only $5 for three years. The difference is if you have more than one drone you have to register each one.

True - it could have been a Part 107 UAV registration scam such as this one:

Drone Authority » REGISTER A DRONE

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel