FAA officially calls us "operators" --- NOT "pilots"

MadMitch88 said:
Fplvert said:
I find it ridiculous to argue semantics like this. I have friends who fly balloons, hang gliders, ultralights, helicopters, boats, and airplanes.

Manned or not the person in control is the pilot.

So a technician who is sitting in a cubicle in some city manipulating the controls of an orbiting space satellite is now an "astronaut" simply because he's in control of a space machine moving around the Earth just like John Glenn was?

Use your head!
:D
I'd say the technician is piloting the spacecraft.

:roll: I'm not trying to be argumentative, just don't see why you got your panties in such a bunch.

Reading this thread has been so much fun. :) Now I think I will go pilot my toilet....Ooooops! I mean operate it........

Clipper707 said:
Posted by MadMitch88 in this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35052

MadMitch88 said:
...the veteran pilots here like me have had enough.

MadMitch88, seems just three days ago you were a veteran pilot.

Yeah but... who would want to be a veteran operator ? :lol:

MadMitch88 said:
sergekouper said:
I remember the same kind of debate with the MCSE (Microsoft certified systems engineers) There is no such "Engineer" at that level of qualification. A real engineer qualification requires the highest levels of education in maths and physics after years of complicated studies and numerous exams, but the title is used about any Joe holding a screwdriver... too bad! (Microsoft has since changed this to Microsoft certified Solutions Expert which is more appropriate...)

That is a good example. I'm also sick of every technician calling himself an "engineer" these days.

I went to a large state university with a very good reputation in engineering. Many of my friends there were electrical and mechanical engineering majors who busted their *** night and day to get graduate with a B.S. in Engineering. Some of the upper level math and engineering courses they had to take would make most of us in here whimper like little babies.

It's an injustice to equate their degrees and professional titles with some turd who calls himself an "engineer" and yet barely passed an ITT Tech or Phoenix Online associate program and now works fixing bank ATM machines.

It seems that you are sick about just everything. Are YOU an engineer? If so, why not put it on your profile? I'm an engineer and I don't get upset if a technician calls himself an engineer. I was a certified pilot, yet I don't care what we all choose to call ourselves. But, I do not consider an expensive drone, a toy - as you call the Phantom.

HailStorm said:
Clipper707 said:
Posted by MadMitch88 in this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35052

MadMitch88 said:
...the veteran pilots here like me have had enough.

MadMitch88, seems just three days ago you were a veteran pilot.

Absolutely. This guy has no credibility and is simply trolling here.

True. Plus, we are feeding him. This will be my last post on this thread. I hope others will do the same.

PhantomFanatic said:
It seems that you are sick about just everything. Are YOU an engineer? If so, why not put it on your profile? I'm an engineer and I don't get upset if a technician calls himself an engineer. I was a certified pilot, yet I don't care what we all choose to call ourselves. But, I do not consider an expensive drone, a toy - as you call the Phantom.

Are you married? If so, how would you like it if you called your wife "lady friend" or "female co-inhabitant". Would she enjoy that?

Language and titles mean things in this world and carry importance! If you married your soulmate, then you should honor that person and call her your "wife" instead of "gal pal" or "house buddy".

Same thing applies to esteemed titles --- they should NOT be cheapened by any bozo who wants to hijack the title for any stupid reason. A fat slob who flies a 2-lb. plastic toy in the backyard has ZERO rights to call himself a "pilot". Anyone with 50 points IQ can see that.

HailStorm said:

Uhh, read when I joined this forum and how many posts I got. I'm well-respected in here and my opinion carries weight. My credibility is stellar, how's yours?

So watch your language or I'll get you booted. We have a certain level of decorum around here.

pilotME.jpg

Me - " So Baby, what do you do for fun?"
Her - " I like to travel, go to the zoo, take a walk on the beach and I like to read. What do you do for fun?"
Me- "I'm a pilot baby, I fly everywhere and anytime I get a chance."
Her - "panties drop"

Guys guys guys..... :roll: :lol:

I am a pilot. I fly Cessna and Piper aircraft.
Do I annoy or insult war veteran pilots or Boeing/Airbus pilots by calling myself a pilot?

As a pilot, it doesn't bother me in the slightest that people who fly UAV's call themselves pilots. It's just a word, for god sake.
When we fly our Phantoms, we are piloting them. We are flying, guiding, steering, controlling, operating and piloting them.
Who the hell gives a ****?

MadMitch88 said:
HailStorm said:

Uhh, read when I joined this forum and how many posts I got. I'm well-respected in here and my opinion carries weight. My credibility is stellar, how's yours?

So watch your language or I'll get you booted. We have a certain level of decorum around here.

:lol:

MadMitch88 said:
A fat slob who flies a 2-lb. plastic toy in the backyard has ZERO rights to call himself a "pilot". Anyone with 50 points IQ can see that.

Actually, fat, sloppy, backyard fliers have a First Amendment Constitutional right to call themselves pilots. I know that despite only having 49 IQ points.

A fat slob who flies a 2-lb. plastic toy in the backyard has ZERO rights to call himself a "pilot". Anyone with 50 points IQ can see that.

By all means Mitch, YOU should not call yourself a "pilot" then.

A few days ago you demanded the list stop all threads about prop guards. Now this?
Dude, there are several reasons you're mad. And why you should be ignored.

I know you're right, GoodNuff, but Mitch is too precious to ignore.

MadMitch88's tirades are pure comedy gold. I love his vehemence and lack of consistency.

While trying to prove what others aren't, he made sure his title of being an a$$ was undisputable aswell.

Nice pilots ianwood. But you did not have the Precise V5 Extra Fine Black pilot (pen) in the list. That is the best pilot.
This gets better as time goes by. :lol:

:eek: :eek: He gonne be Mad sho nough when he reads all this an get ya'll all booted as he does have a....certain level of decorum around here.... !!
Ya'll ought be ashamed !

images

Who could forget this Pilot?! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic