FAA backing down a bit?

Carl, I still haven't seen a story of a Phantom causing injury. That was a Hex, likely a F550. But I'm afraid you've missed the point. These events are extremely rare and have more to do with poor decisions than mechanical failures. Had this been caused by a phantom it is still a stretch to say the phantom is not a reliable craft.

Attachments

• f550.png
    f550.png
    399.1 KB · Views: 339
Still did not address the payload issue... A phantom can not carry a real pizza. That is why in the video it came crashing down..

I challenge any of you to go put a pizza on your Phantom and try and lift off...

They've been working with Congress to get clarifications and new rules on drones
Congress does't make the rules, they set the goals and authorize the Federal agencies to make and enforce the rules.

derrickduff said:
Carl, I still haven't seen a story of a Phantom causing injury. That was a Hex, likely a F550. But I'm afraid you've missed the point. These events are extremely rare and have more to do with poor decisions than mechanical failures. Had this been caused by a phantom it is still a stretch to say the phantom is not a reliable craft.

I'm not saying the Phantom isn't reliable, only that they have been known to drop unexpectedly from the sky, and I think that pilots should take that into consideration and avoid situations where it could be an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20