A Question about FAA Reg.

• Thread starter Deleted member 118536
  • Start date
...I just ran in to that exact problem with city-level legislation stopping my commercial flights - san juan capistrano now has laws in place to establish no fly zones over a list of buildings you must consult - also: they enacted a rule stating you must gain written permission for every property you fly over, effectively killing my wedding aerial establishing videos which require me to fly over vast stretches of properties near the venue and will not pay anywhere near what it would take in extra labor to secure that process - all very frustrating as the FAA is the only agency that is supposed to be able to regulate the national airspace, but local law is doing it anyway...GRRRRRRR!
I feel your pain!
Wasn't there a state/municipality that tried to enact their own drone laws and got overturned in court, precisely because only the FAA has jurisdiction over US airspace? Anyone on this thread recall this?
If so, you COULD challenge San Juan Capistrano and try to get them to repeal the law. But I'm sure that is easier said than done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik