FAA 333

I applied myself. It was time consuming, but not hard by any means.

did you get approved? Where did you go to find the right resources to do it? How many hours you think it took you?
thanks for the help!

did you get approved? Where did you go to find the right resources to do it? How many hours you think it took you?
thanks for the help!

Affirmative. I just went to the link below and found something close to what I do. Did a search and replace and and proofed it a few times. Longest part was going through some of the sample exemptions. Some of them have too much legal jargon in there it was hard to comprehend. Find something you can easily understand. It probably took 1.5 hours max.

Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

Affirmative. I just went to the link below and found something close to what I do. Did a search and replace and and proofed it a few times. Longest part was going through some of the sample exemptions. Some of them have too much legal jargon in there it was hard to comprehend. Find something you can easily understand. It probably took 1.5 hours max.

Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

I have looked at that site, key is knowing how to find the original petition at regulations.gov. Found it and it looks very straight forward.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
This whole thing about having to have a pilots license is beyond ridiculous. If you don't have a pilots license you have to hire a
pilot ?Crap some of the pilots i know i wouldn't drive in the car with them much less hire them to fly my quad.I guess if they put YOKES on the remote it may work and a ATC radio then there may be a chance. Well i always wanted to hop in a lear jet and take it for a spin so maybe i will go get my license so i can fly one. Can only imagine going to a company and asking them to rent there lear jet and then they ask me am i certified to fly a lear jet .... I tell them, No i never flew one but i got my pilots license ! How many pilots can actually fly a quad copter ? Some of them can't even fly a aircraft if its not on
auto pilot !

Reactions: msinger
This whole thing about having to have a pilots license is beyond ridiculous. If you don't have a pilots license you have to hire a
pilot ?Crap some of the pilots i know i wouldn't drive in the car with them much less hire them to fly my quad.I guess if they put YOKES on the remote it may work and a ATC radio then there may be a chance. Well i always wanted to hop in a lear jet and take it for a spin so maybe i will go get my license so i can fly one. Can only imagine going to a company and asking them to rent there lear jet and then they ask me am i certified to fly a lear jet .... I tell them, No i never flew one but i got my pilots license ! How many pilots can actually fly a quad copter ? Some of them can't even fly a aircraft if its not on
auto pilot !

With all due respect you are clueless. The "Pilot Certification" requirement has nothing to do with flying the MR but everything to do with being able to understand NAS, read a sectional, and be able to understand and communicate with ATC.

Hopefully later in 2016 Part 107 will come about to make it easier to be a UAS operator.

With all due respect you are clueless. The "Pilot Certification" requirement has nothing to do with flying the MR but everything to do with being able to understand NAS, read a sectional, and be able to understand and communicate with ATC.

Hopefully later in 2016 Part 107 will come about to make it easier to be a UAS operator.

You are correct, and the written portion of the private pilots license covers all of that material (I have taken and passed it, and still know NAS (national airspace system), how to read sectionals, and also know how to properly communicate with a tower. The sports pilot license which also qualifies for a 333 waiver does not apply nearly as much so.

A good start would be to just use one of the written tests for UAV. Eventually it could be customized to apply specifically to UAS and the safety aspects that are related.

This afternoon I watched a 333 exempt pilot and his VO work in a downtown area with an Inspire 1. Multiple dangerous moves were made above cars, people, and near delicate cellular repeaters. The pair had no training in RC safety I am guessing. I was somewhat shocked to be honest.

And also to understand all of the acronyms... ;) (kidding, but not kidding...)

Reactions: BigAl07
And also to understand all of the acronyms... ;) (kidding, but not kidding...)

I could have said that more clearly LOL!

NAS - National Air space
ATC - Air Traffic Control
UA - should have said UAS Operator, Unmanned Aerial System

With all respect ..... The post i made was to be taken as a joke !
WOW ... There sure are some people on here that take everything so serious!
Didn't know North Carolina was so serious ... The last time i was there i thought everyone was all laid back and not in a rush unlike here in Arizona ! Its all good BIGA107 maybe if i get back there again we can have a big ole shindig and play some
CORN HOLE.

If the FAA had any sense whatsoever, they would just let you off with the current written plus another chapter on UAVs. They could have done that years ago. The foot dragging (tail dragging?) is pretty impressive.

My guess is that they simply don't want the 'industry' to develop that quickly. They have a drag anchor out for a reason.

Has anyone heard any news in the last month about this?
I still haven't filed for my 333. Still on the fence about it since I can't be legit anyway with out the pilot's license.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4