Reaction score
Recent 107 exam passer here, yaya - does anyone using drones in their photography/videography/production business have a link to a good FAA 107 compliant workflow? One you've developed that you'd be willing share, or perhaps your ideas on how to develop a good one?

Like one you can use in pre-production/production with clients. Not the photo/video side, something that covers to-do's like checking sectional charts, plotting hazards, special considerations, flight prep, etc. (basically everything we need to consider and log as remote pilots).

I have stuff like this for my photo ground operations, but we're getting into drone/sUAS use now that we're legit and were wondering what ya'l have found useful and were willing to share! Thanks in advance!

Well, I don't know about this "workflow" thing you mention, but here is the checklist / form I use.

Attachments

• sUas Checklist.pdf
    187.7 KB · Views: 417
Thanks @daveisim that's helpful for basic pre-flight info, appreciate you sharing!

By workflow I just meant a broad 'what kind of checklist' are you guys using type of Q. For example I have a 2-page q+a I fill out for my commercial photo clients during the in-person or phone/Skype pre-production meeting, was looking for ideas on stuff like that that's 107 compliant. Hope that clarifies!

I'm looking to start up a part time aerial photography business before retirement and be more aggressive in retirement as source of income but more of a passion. Could you or would you share your two page questionnaire that you give your clients. Thanks. Or if you want you could email.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm also considering sitting down with my lawyer to work out a "who owns the media content?" form too. Want customers to be able to use the images they buy, but not to resale them to others and I want to retain use of the material for other customers. Obviously some legal hoops there, hence the lawyer visit.

I'm also considering sitting down with my lawyer to work out a "who owns the media content?" form too. Want customers to be able to use the images they buy, but not to resale them to others and I want to retain use of the material for other customers. Obviously some legal hoops there, hence the lawyer visit.

Definitely something you want in your estimate/bid/contract. Copyright in general is not as difficult as it seems - basically you own the images you shoot (unless it's work for hire), and you license to client for specific usage. The difficulty comes in educating clients, especially with digital imagery where you can just fire it off in an email/social media post or place it on the web. That's the stuff that's hard to track, but deffo make sure you have it in your agreements and go over those in person or on a phone call. A lawyer can help you streamline your contracts specific to your business' services.

Mind sharing those 2 page documents in a private message? I heard that if you are only selling your drone "services" you don't have to charge tax. but if you are selling the actual photo, you have to charge tax.

Mind sharing those 2 page documents in a private message? I heard that if you are only selling your drone "services" you don't have to charge tax. but if you are selling the actual photo, you have to charge tax.
That's going to vary from state to state, depends on the business laws of each. I will be doing mine through the LLC that I set up to provide engineering and consulting services. Even though I deliver a variety of material items, reports, schematic, diagrams, etc. I don't have to charge sales tax. I provided photographic services and provide photos as a result and won't charge sales tax for those either. BTW, I'm in Ohio.

Widely varies state to state - consult your local Board of Equalization, tax experts, and a tax attorney to get the deets on what you need to do re: sales tax in your locale. Sometimes services are, sometimes not. Sometimes photography is only taxed when you hand over something physical, not just digital, etc. Widely varies and the laws are always hard to read, constantly changing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20