Extract flight footage from Director?

Reaction score
It seems that the Director part of the Pilot app records and caches all flight videos onto the mobile device/iPad etc albeit in a low resolution. This feature has the potential to be very useful in case of problems.

My question is can you get them off the iPad either by exporting/saving etc?

Is it possible apart from recording the screen with another camera?

Reactions: QuikSilver15
I'd like to know this as well.

Maybe there'll be a lot more development to come on this part of the app as it has a lot of potential. The best use would be to have an overlay of the low res video on top of the flight record playback.
The Director editing is, from what I can gather also limited by the fact that the clips it edits are the low res footage which doesn't look great when viewed but maybe there's a way to use the full res footage??
Anyway the most useful thing for me would be the ability to export it off the device if required but the PIP of the live flight video would be very cool too :)

Yes guys I can confirm that local access to the 720p video which is recorded from the LightBridge is easy.
Just download iFunBox and you can go into your iPad's local storage for the DJI Pilot App.
DJI Pilot / Documents / videoCache
It only stores what you record though so it's a good idea to keep recording unless you're stopping to take photos.

Yes guys I can confirm that local access to the 720p video which is recorded from the LightBridge is easy.
Just download iFunBox and you can go into your iPad's local storage for the DJI Pilot App.
DJI Pilot / Documents / videoCache
It only stores what you record though so it's a good idea to keep recording unless you're stopping to take photos.

You don't even need a 3rd party app.. You are able to access flight logs and video from iTunes.
ios_flight-1.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
blade strike, you are the man. Thanks. Oh, and may your blade only strike air :)

I just downloaded all my logs through iTunes, I never even thought of looking to see what else I could download.

You still use iTunes... and windows

Yep, I'm IT manager, that's what pays the bills.. Hate apple products but they do run the DJI Pilot app well. Best app that works if you don't want to use iTunes is itools, it doesn't require an install and doesn't track like ifunbox.

Reactions: snowghost
Very true. I use iTunes because of my history with the iPod going back to 2003. I'm an IT manager as well, and a Microsoft/PC guy at work, but do have the Apple Fanboy stuff going on at home LOL.

You don't even need a 3rd party app.. You are able to access flight logs and video from iTunes.
View attachment 20809

Thanks Blade - that'll do nicely :)

Now if DJI could enable those videos as PIP over the flight record playback that would be the icing on the cake - you have some sway don't you - that would be just such a brilliant feature to see the map and actual video playback - I bet they could do it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers