I'm stumped...selective flight record loss

Reaction score
Hello the Group,
A strange thing doesn't happen on my first flight of the day anymore. The Phantom SE hadn't been flown in a while (a month) so I took it to one of my regular test sites to give it 45 minutes or so air time.
Good clear view of the horizon in all directions, no WiFi/cell phone interference.
Most recent DJI GO app ( for SE)
Most Recent firmware for SE
No airports or restricted zones anywhere close.
I do my normal Preflight for RC and AC.
So, I launch and stay close till comfortable all is well. I normally fly about 3000 feet out do 90 degrees and fly 1000 feet then back to launch site. I like keeping the SE is site. ( I have nearly 12000 feet available)
Now, for the last three times I've flown it gets to about 2000 feet and disconnects. The AC does a perfect RTH and lands ( if I let it).
I immediately take off and do my regular flight around the course with no problems. Fly four batteries worth around the fields and ponds taking photos etc. Normal casual flight.
When I get back and look at my logs for the error on that first flight, there is NO flight log for that flight??? Each of the subsequent flights are there and no errors reported other than "low battery" when it reaches 25%. Every thing normal. I've done this three times now. Each time the first flight disconnects, goes into return to home and each time there is no flight record for that first flight?? I've switched which battery I fly first with and it doesn't matter. Changed portable device, same thing. Switched from IOS to Android. Same thing....??

All flight records for remaining flights are there.

Suggestions/solutions?

Guess what.......Sounds like the problem i have......And like you I also thought my number 4 battery was the problem NOPE....I seen my flight records end out on a flight only a 250 feet away and I seen some that end in the air when landing......My SE is nearing its final month of a years warranty..I could mess with it and i decided not too i started a thread But i only got a few great answers and one was to Upload my flight records to Airdata.com.....So back to Dji it went for a good check UP........Oh i used the airdata.com site for the flight records and some were very scary for the loss of down links per battery ! You need to see yours too on "Airdata.com"....the free version is OK !

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1