Extra batteries

IF.........you during your ONE Year warranty....use any other brand But a Dji battery and crash your drone due to a battery malfunction......Your warranty Is No good.........I have it in writing from Dji Support....at least for the year warranty....Go for Dji and keep your warranty In good shape ! If i can see my batterys serial numbers in the Go app and how many times its been charged....Im sure its all recorded in the data too !

I like to use OEM DJI batteries.

If you're looking for DJI P3 batteries, you can get them for good prices from authorized DJI dealers here on Amazon or here on eBay.

Last edited:
I have one OEM and took a gamble on the power extra battery for $66.99 functionality is exactly the same. One difference is the LED status lights are pretty dim. And you don’t get that “ click “ when installed. But it’s JUST as tough to get out as the OEM. And it comes with a LiPo safe bag.
Same flight times, same duration during percentage test, and my bird doesn’t recognize it as a non DJI battery.

While your drone may not know its a non oem battery.....your flight data will not show dji battery serial numbers...IF you have to submit a claim for repair and its a battery related issue and a terrible crash from UP high !.......when dji techs see that its not a OEM battery that was installed at time of accident.....it's sent back with a explanation why the warranty is no good for the repair.....and as you read it and the big tears roll off your cheek.....Good luck its a free world do what ever you want too ....i have it from Dji support to back me up.

I like to use OEM DJI batteries.

If you're looking for DJI P3 batteries, you can get them for good prices from authorized DJI dealers here on Amazon or here on eBay.
I went to that web site and found a lot of bad reviews. The batteries say Phantom but the rest of the printing doesn’t look like the battery that came with my P3S. Is it possible that DJI changed to a newer look?

I went to that web site and found a lot of bad reviews. The batteries say Phantom but the rest of the printing doesn’t look like the battery that came with my P3S.
There are a lot of sellers on that Amazon listing. Sometimes bad sellers sneak into a listing an offer a similar product (claiming it's the same product). People complain to Amazon and Amazon resolves the issue. It happens sometimes.

Camrise (this seller) is an authorized DJI dealer. They do not sell 3rd party batteries (the other batteries you're referring to). And if you buy from Sure RC (this seller) or RotorLogic (this seller), the battery will be shipped by Amazon (easily returnable if it does not arrive as expected). Both of those sellers are also authorized DJI dealers.

Last edited:
DJI batteries! I ordered a couple PowerExtra batteries at one time. My DJI charger would not charge one of them. I sent them back...

There are a lot of sellers on that Amazon listing. Sometimes bad sellers sneak into a listing an offer a similar product (claiming it's the same product). People complain to Amazon and Amazon resolves the issue. It happens sometimes.

Camrise (this seller) is an authorized DJI dealer. They do not sell 3rd party batteries (the other batteries you're referring to). And if you buy from Sure RC (this seller) or RotorLogic (this seller), the battery will be shipped by Amazon (easily returnable if it does not arrive as expected). Both of those sellers are also authorized DJI dealers.
Thanks I ordered one from Camrise

Reactions: Kelly1946
I have 3 PowerExtra and 1 DJI. I have never had a problem with any of them. My P3S is out of warranty but I used 2 PowerExtras during warranty and still use them without problems. Probably could have bought another P3S with the money saved on PowerExtra, but instead I got a Spark.

Chris

Reactions: PhantomHero
While your drone may not know its a non oem battery.....your flight data will not show dji battery serial numbers...IF you have to submit a claim for repair and its a battery related issue and a terrible crash from UP high !.......when dji techs see that its not a OEM battery that was installed at time of accident.....it's sent back with a explanation why the warranty is no good for the repair.....and as you read it and the big tears roll off your cheek.....Good luck its a free world do what ever you want too ....i have it from Dji support to back me up.

As far as a warranty claim. It’s past it’s warranty phase. And it IS fully insured. So IF it does fail from high up , the only tears streaming will be the ones from the ins.
Or maybe when I’m on my way to purchase my NEW ONE.

As far as a warranty claim. It’s past it’s warranty phase. And it IS fully insured. So IF it does fail from high up , the only tears streaming will be the ones from the ins.
Or maybe when I’m on my way to purchase my NEW ONE.
Im in wonder what this ment above : (streaming will be the ones from the >> ins << )
Happy safe droning !

I've had a number of run-ins with sellers who clearly advertised or represented non-DJI brand batteries as genuine DJI brand, so I have some experience with this subject. All of those situations involved intentional misrepresentation by the seller in an effort to deceive, confuse, or otherwise convince a buyer that he/she was buying a genuine DJI brand battery when that was not the case. Just to be clear, I have no issues with sellers selling non-DJI brand batteries that are clearly advertised and represented as such. But when a seller intentionally advertises or misrepresents a non-DJI brand battery as authentic DJI brand, that's when I'm gonna tap them on the shoulder and ask them to step outside to get the matter "corrected". I've even seen some sellers go so far as to intentionally include a photo of a genuine DJI-brand battery along with photos of their other-brand battery in a deliberate effort to mislead buyers into thinking they're getting a genuine DJI brand battery when they're not. To their credit, eBay has addressed those situations when it was reported to them by directing the seller to correct and remove any misrepresentation. Like many things in life, which battery brand to buy is a personal choice. As for myself, I've bought four brand new batteries during the past year after carefully investigating each one, and all were genuine DJI batteries. I didn't pay more than $85 for any of them, and I've never had an issue with them. And, if something does go horribly wrong that's traceable back to the battery, at least I won't be beating myself up for saving a few bucks by buying something other than DJI brand. Just my two cents.

I've had a number of run-ins with sellers who clearly advertised or represented non-DJI brand batteries as genuine DJI brand, so I have some experience with this subject. All of those situations involved intentional misrepresentation by the seller in an effort to deceive, confuse, or otherwise convince a buyer that he/she was buying a genuine DJI brand battery when that was not the case. Just to be clear, I have no issues with sellers selling non-DJI brand batteries that are clearly advertised and represented as such. But when a seller intentionally advertises or misrepresents a non-DJI brand battery as authentic DJI brand, that's when I'm gonna tap them on the shoulder and ask them to step outside to get the matter "corrected". I've even seen some sellers go so far as to intentionally include a photo of a genuine DJI-brand battery along with photos of their other-brand battery in a deliberate effort to mislead buyers into thinking they're getting a genuine DJI brand battery when they're not. To their credit, eBay has addressed those situations when it was reported to them by directing the seller to correct and remove any misrepresentation. Like many things in life, which battery brand to buy is a personal choice. As for myself, I've bought four brand new batteries during the past year after carefully investigating each one, and all were genuine DJI batteries. I didn't pay more than $85 for any of them, and I've never had an issue with them. And, if something does go horribly wrong that's traceable back to the battery, at least I won't be beating myself up for saving a few bucks by buying something other than DJI brand. Just my two cents.

Running : : Man I'm with YOU all the way 100% and I hope some of these guys are too .....what a great informative post.....I read it over n over several times and I could not agree any more......well done Running with scissors "Thanks again " !

Can't agree more . While I have no issues with "knock off" batteries they should be presented that way! People should know what product they are buying whether its genuine OEM or another brand. Just do your research and make the choice that you are comfortable with and that supports your budget. And know there are not that many of manufacturers the actually produce batteries. DJI does NOT have their own battery production center that I am aware of so they too are buying them from someone. Much like many things you already own products are made in one place and distributed to many.

I was wondering "IF"......when you pull up the battery information in the Dji Go app......IF its a after market Non Dji battery will it show the batterys serial numbers at the bottom and recharge times like my Dji batterys do ?... ..im sure that's all recorded in the flight data we send to Dji !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers