Exposure problems

Reaction score
Hello to all DJI pilots, for some time I have noticed a problem I have with the drone, that is my question is the following.
By doing photogrammetry, I have to have photos with a homogeneous exposure, instead I find myself having images with different exposure times, eg: 1/188; 1/336 etc ...
Has a similar situation ever occurred to you?

By doing photogrammetry, I have to have photos with a homogeneous exposure
Are you sure about that?
Wouldn't it be better to have each image correctly exposed rather than shooting everything at the same setting and having some a little over or underexposed?

, instead I find myself having images with different exposure times, eg: 1/188; 1/336 etc ...
Has a similar situation ever occurred to you?
What are you using to capture the images?
I use DroneDeploy and allow it to use autoexposure/
It get images with different settings, and my orthomosaics look good.

DroneDeploy allows you to set the exposure if you don't want to use autoexposure.

Thank you Meta 4 fot the answer.

i' LL explain: I am using a DJI Phantom 3 Pro, with GS PRo for photogrammetry using Metashape .

That occurs , is that in the mission of Photogrammetry, the photos planned with the Automatic mission (GS pro- the setting of the camera in AUTO).

from the attached image you can see the various exposure times.

It is normal for you to have photos like this?

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-05-15 alle 17.39.48.png
    Schermata 2022-05-15 alle 17.39.48.png
    4 MB · Views: 107

i' LL explain: I am using a DJI Phantom 3 Pro, with GS PRo for photogrammetry using Metashape .

That occurs , is that in the mission of Photogrammetry, the photos planned with the Automatic mission (GS pro- the setting of the camera in AUTO).

That looks like more exposure variation than you should be seeing.
The last two photos are overexposed.
When not using GSpro, does your camera autoexposure work properly?

As you seem well aware, because your platform is moving, it's important to keep the shutter speed up to avoid motion blur. So I always use Shutter Priority with enough wiggle room in the overall Exposure Value to allow the aperture to do its thing. Generally speaking, this comes out to about 1/1000 shutter and ISO 100 on sunny days and 1/1000 to 1/800 and ISO 200 on cloudy, partly cloudy, or very cloudy (dark) days. I keep an eye on the aperture during the entire flight to make sure there is "wiggle room" in the exposure. If the aperture stays wide open the whole time (f/2.8), this leads me to believe that there may not be enough room in my exposure settings to allow for deep shadows or another light-changing anomalies. I like to see the aperture hover one click under f/2.8 (f/3.2 I believe), with the occasional "dip" into f/2.8 territory. Using this formula all my photos are property exposed, regardless of lighting conditions. And if you've ever mapped on a partly cloudy day, you know that exposure can be all over the map.

And FWIW, I never use Auto WB. The software I use doesn't allow me to "hard code" the WB, so I select either "Sunny" or "Cloudy." The WB doesn't have to be correct, but it DOES have to be consistent. Auto WB bounces back and forth from Sunny to Cloudy producing horrid results.

D

Looks like the camera was set to AEB shooting.
P3P AEB Setting.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31