Experience with phavic?

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone has any experience with the phavic kit? I recently bought mine but need some help for the phantom 3 standard. I have a hard time with the antenna placement.

For example: Where do I need to place the square antennas?

I like to hear from you guys!

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Hi all, does anyone has any experience with the phavic kit? I recently bought mine but need some help for the phantom 3 standard. I have a hard time with the antenna placement.

Hi,
I built mine and you can use the following guide which is long (about 1 hour) but takess you through all the steps in order to build the kit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,
I built mine and you can use the following guide which is long (about 1 hour) but takess you through all the steps in order to build the kit.
Thanks a bunch! Will check this out when i get home :)

It's a really good solution to the flawed design of the original Phantom 3. The motor mounts on this don't look like they will cause any stress cracks to me.

Reactions: unf0rg0tt3n
They are patch antennae so they need to

They are patch antennae so need to point flat(ish) towards the controller when it's in flight, i.e. they need to be at about 45-degree angle while laying in the arms. There is a guy who has done some good work with the antennae who has posted on YouTube. I can't give you the link on here but if you do a search it should appear.

Odd question. Would this phavic shell be able to house the P2 non vision and H3-3D gimbal. I can’t bring myself to get rid of the P2 with standard 2.4 controller and separate 5.8 video transmitter.

Hi,
Your video shows one of the motor arms twisting back and forth while hovering. It's looks really wobbly and unreliable. How long have you had it flying, and how many hours do you have on it so far? Can you buy replacement motor arms by themselves when you break one, instead of buying a whole kit to get extra arms?

Your video shows one of the motor arms twisting back and forth while hovering. It's looks really wobbly and unreliable. How long have you had it flying, and how many hours do you have on it so far? Can you buy replacement motor arms by themselves when you break one, instead of buying a whole kit to get extra arms?

Where on the clip to you see this? I've watched this several times and can't see it.

I'm converting a P3S - does anyone have recommendations for antenna installation? I know most of the videos show P3As and pros undergoing this conversion. It seems installing them in the arms (as the videos show) will induce a lot of RF noise.

Starting at 1:01:26 you can see the left rear motor arm flopping back and forth. Look at the landing foot hanging below the motor.
I watched it twice (before your follow up comment) and didn't see it. Then WHAMO I see it.

Now my question is this... is it really wobblying like that or is it some distortion we are seeing? If it's really wobbly like that it is a point of concern for me.

If you held the craft in your hand, and twisted the arm, you may be able to determine just how vulnerable the arm is to failure. What we don't know is if the prop is not balanced on that craft. More reports from owners will be needed to confirm the integrity of the swing out motor arms.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you held the craft in your hand, and twisted the arm, you may be able to determine just how vulnerable the arm is to failure. What we don't know is if the prop is not balanced on that craft. More reports from owners will be needed to confirm the integrity of the swing out motor arms.
I am still assembling and hopefully will be at a stage this weekend to have the arms assembled and attached.
The assembly by itself does seem pretty robust but well see what happens when I test fly my bird. My plan is to do several test flights with a stock propeller and then move to a collapsible one. I'll keep an eye on this. So far all the clips on YouTube seems to show this mod works very well.

If you held the craft in your hand, and twisted emthe arm, you may be able to determine just how vulnerable the arm is to failure. What we don't know is if the prop is not balanced on that craft. More reports from owners will be needed to confirm the integrity of the swing out motor arms.

The arms can be twisted with a bit of pressure on while holding it in your hands but I don't think that's the cause of the wobble in the video. I haven't noticed a problem with physical strength of it and the motor mounts are definitely stronger too, so I'm not worried about it cracking like the P3 body.

At first, I thought the wobble in the video was because I didn't have balanced props on it but it wasn't visible to me at the time of time flying it. Looking more closely at the video, I think that the wobbling is mainly a consequence the of the slow video frame rate that I used beating with the shadows cast on the arms by the props, this is why it's only visible on the arms closest to the camera.

In general, I have found it to be a little more agile in flight, and possibly a slightly faster too. However, at the moment it's in dry dock because I updated the software and now it thinks it's a P3Pro rather than an Advanced, so the video feed is dead. I can't believe how DJI just issue the updates without support for problems associated with the upgrades.

Today I flew my Phanvic for over 45 minutes, its first real test flight/ wring-out. I found it flew faster and was more responsive than a stock P3S. Endurance was cut down by about 2 to 3 minutes. I flew it with stock, graphite and finally with graphite folding props, all did well. With the stock props, it was noticeably quieter then a stock P3S. The battery heated up to 60C on the longer flights, the maximum you ever want your battery to get, the OAT was about 10C. It looks like this bird is good for short duration flights (just what I had planned for my bird) and is easily stored for travel. The only flight anomaly I found was when descending rapidly and then suddenly leveling off, the aircraft rolled to the left abruptly. I even got to to do a complete 360, this with the fold-able propellers. If you could solder well (or have access to someone who solders well) and have a little technical aptitude, this is a great mod to do to your P3, especially if yo have the dreaded stress cracks at the engine mounts.

I think I'm really going to like this!

IMG_1364.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 521
Reactions: Paul Wingfield
Today I flew my Phanvic for over 45 minutes, its first real test flight/ wring-out. I found it flew faster and was more responsive than a stock P3S. Endurance was cut down by about 2 to 3 minutes. I flew it with stock, graphite and finally with graphite folding props, all did well. With the stock props, it was noticeably quieter then a stock P3S. The battery heated up to 60C on the longer flights, the maximum you ever want your battery to get, the OAT was about 10C.

View attachment 90788

4 questions

1. Are you saying your experiencing 2-3 minute shorter flights every flight ?
2. Is the battery getting this warm every flight ?
3. Due to construction of the battery bay - does it appear there is anyway to vent the battery a little more.
4. Is it possible the battery getting this warm is shorting the flight time ?

4 questions

1. Are you saying your experiencing 2-3 minute shorter flights every flight ?
Yes

2. Is the battery getting this warm every flight ?
Yes
3. Due to construction of the battery bay - does it appear there is anyway to vent the battery a little more.
It's possible, maybe with some louvers. Although the mod makes the drone more maneuverable and seemingly faster (I haven't totally pushed mine yet, got it up to 37 mph and it was still accelerating) it is heavier and probably drawing more power. I did install 4 brand new motors.
4. Is it possible the battery getting this warm is shorting the flight time ?
Yes

Looks cool, what does it look like folded up ? Do your rear motor arms also wobble as explained in post #10?
Hi John;

I haven't noticed the wobble, I'm going to do some more test flights this week and weekend, the only issue I've had was the adverse roll during rapid decent.
drone.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan