Experience with Argtek antennas on a Phantom 3 SE

Reaction score
Have you installed an Argtek antenna on your Phantom 3 SE? Then I am very curious about your experience. Share your experience and let it me know in this topic.

I doubt to buy an Argtek antenna for my Panthom 3 SE.

I installed the argtek antenna on my P3SE and the range gain was very noticeable both for the controller and the video. I easily got over a mile in distance and could have went further but I chickened out. All with no loss off video feed. Remember the antennas are very directional though. Just make sure you correctly install the antenna wire leads at their respective junctions on the controller securing them with hot glue.

I installed the argtek antenna on my P3SE and the range gain was very noticeable both for the controller and the video. I easily got over a mile in distance and could have went further but I chickened out. All with no loss off video feed. Remember the antennas are very directional though. Just make sure you correctly install the antenna wire leads at their respective junctions on the controller securing them with hot glue.
Have you tested on same place the drone with stock and Argtek antenna? Can you tell us how mutch difference you experienced?

Have you tested on same place the drone with stock and Argtek antenna? Can you tell us how mutch difference you experienced?
Although my range is excellent (more than 2 km / 6500 ft), I also think about installing an external antenna. My feeling and my limited technical knowledge tells me that an external antenna will offer a better range. Maximum hardware conditions are also required for maximum output from the software.

Definitely worth replacing the standard antenna's with the Argtek. The transmitter aerial goes from probably a quarter wave length to a half wave length and the receiving aerials are increased in size and brought to the outside of the controller which "does" increase the signal quality and therefor the working distance.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Good question. Yes I did. With the original antenna my range was much shorter in the exact same spot. Prior to installing the argtek I was getting around 1000 ft before a noticeable signal drop. Still had control but I was loosing bars.

I am not very technical savvy on installing componets. is there a place that can do the modifications for me. that way I do not mess things up.

It's not that difficult to install the blue proton argtek mod, the hardest part for me was connecting the antennae cables to the tiny posts on the board, it feels like they won't snap into place but you just have to line them up exactly and then bite the bullet and apply some force - I used the butt of a screwdriver handle to get enough pressure, anything blunt would do. There are very good YouTube videos explaining how to do the installation. If you run into problems with the installation you could try bringing the controller to an electronics person, someone who fixes tvs or electronic devices for example, they would be used to working with similar components/boards. I originally bought the blue proton argtek mod on amazon.com but it didn't work, I returned it and got another from blue proton directly and I now have a range of 3km plus with a P3 SE where my original range with the stock antennae was only 1km on a good day. Good luck with it

I did 8500 feet stock best run. Argtek gave me 10,600 on first distance run FCC I believe 5.8
Screenshot_2019-01-12-12-50-38.png

Hey, I recently installed the blue proton on my phantom 3se, do you know why there are 6 antennas. Whats the difference?

I’m experiencing a signal drop on the remote controller. Video has improved a lot.

Thanks for your help!

3 Are directional plat panels, they have the best distance for straight distance runs. 3 are omni directional, great for flying around. Only need to use 2 antenas on the outside post, center antena is only wifi to you tablet or phone

I got 16,000 feet from this setup unboosted, in a rural area. Bird turned around at 77% battery, and landed at 21. Airdata signal score was 100%

Attachments

• 0222191246.jpg
    0222191246.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 339
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
3 Are directional plat panels, they have the best distance for straight distance runs. 3 are omni directional, great for flying around. Only need to use 2 antenas on the outside post, center antena is only wifi to you tablet or phone

Oh. Thanks a lot. So no need to worry about the center one.

I’m going to open the controller to see if everything is secure

I got 16,000 feet from this setup unboosted, in a rural area. Bird turned around at 77% battery, and landed at 21. Airdata signal score was 100%

Wow! That looks more like what I have in mind jajaja

Thanks for your help

I see what you mean about the center antenna!
Awsome setup!

Buenos días. ¿Puede colocar el enlace donde compró sus antenas Argtek para Phantom 3 SE? Gracias

My controller is very sensitive when I am flying.

I'm still a newbie but I installed it on mine and for some reason it will only go 30m and land ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31