Existing DJI customers

But you will have to do it 24hrs in advance of the time you want to fly...
The DJI GEO page where you do the self-authorization request states specifically (bold added to highlight specifics):

"Unlocking an Authorization Zone is instantaneous using DJI Go when you are ready to fly within, or when your aerial system flies towards, an Authorization Zone. Unlocking lasts 24 hours and takes just a few taps on the screen. Users planning to fly in an Authorization Zone without a live connection to the internet may use this online Advanced Unlocking system to schedule a maximum of 30 simultaneous unlocked zones. Each will remain unlocked for three days.

Only Authorization Zones, yellow highlighted areas, can be unlocked. Simply click on a yellow highlighted area to unlock it. Red Areas are Restricted Zones that cannot be unlocked. Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions. You can display or hide different areas by selecting or deselecting the appropriate checkbox.
"

Seems not to be so onerous as you claim.... once it's actually implemented, we shall see I suppose...

I hate to be the white shadow in the room but...

....if Apple made a drone - It'd be pretty epic and would hold its value quite well :)

Why do drones loose so much value?? Why do vehicles loose so much value? It's a moving/functioning device that develops wear an tear. With no legit "prior history" to go by you are simply left with the assumption it was used easy, never in a crash and will last longer than the asking price you deem fair.
Ugh Apple.

So if Apple made a drone:

1. Updates and video downloads are done through iTunes. iTunes will display the pinwheel of death for minutes on end and then report it cannot find device. So frustrating.

2. It would cost $5,000 for the basic model

3. It would be called the iDrone (boring). The IDrone 2 will still be called the iDrone. So will the iDrone3... OMG

4. Forget the pulling the battery and swapping out with a fully charged one -- its built in. You can charge it (with the proprietary charger), but forget about putting in a new one -- you need to take it to an Apple store for that. Oh yeah, same for the SD card...

5. Pinwheel of death during flight will scare the hell out of you

6. All Firmware upgrades will be named after cat species

7. Apple will trademark curves and clean lines on all drones.

8. When P3 V2.0 firmware comes out, support will be stopped and you need to buy a new drone to install it or all the apps stop working for it.

I am thinking of getting a P3 Standard at the $300 off sale price and use it as a "practice" aircraft for new skills without risking my P3P.

Would the different RC make that less productive?

Would also use for sharing with my wife and friends who ask about trying to fly. Wouldn't do that with my P3P!

The the P3 will be a backup for those riskier flights (the kind I do not do now). I probably am the least risk taker of all the P3 owners. I fly it straight up 150 feet over my house to take pictures of the sunrise and sunset and that is about it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You agreed into the contract of free will and that's the way all technology does.
Would you pay 300 for an iPhone 4? Me neither.
Be happy, have fun and fly safe!
Life is too short to worry about what was.
I DIDNT PAY OVER A THOUSAND DOLLORS FOR MY I-PHONE

Did anyone look at the spec's of the 10th Anniversary special. When I looked at them and compared them to the P3P I just bought, the 10th Anniversary machine doesn't have the 3+ mile range (show it has only 1.2 miles) that the P3P does. Or at least that's the way their "compare" page showed it. So then the question is..."Is the extra range worth the extra money?"

You live in the free world, no one forced you buying the chinese goods. If you believe you are better than the chinese, please enlight me.

Who pushed your button??

I advise anyone who made a recent purchase of a phantom that had gone sale this week to contact the place of purchase and see if there is anything you can do. I bought a p3a when it had the free backpack for $999 during the Christmas sale. I seen it earlier this week for $799 and was like crap! I contacted them and the said that since I got the backpack they would give me the current price of $799 plus the $150 for the pack and refund me the $51 difference. Awesome! But had it been $799 then I would have just got the p3a but I'm glad to have the pack too and getting $51 back. Although I don't have the money yet they said it takes 15 days for the refund.

Feel totally shafted £699 for a P3 advanced.(DJI.com) I paid £899 a few months back. So DJI are limiting more & more where we can fly and single handily decreasing the residual value of their product. Give it another 6 months and the product will be worthless & unusable. If its a 10 year anniversary sale why don't they allow their existing customer base celebrate it by reducing the price of batteries & accessories also.

Obviously very little thought was given to customers who had made a significant investment prior to their anniversary.
You can blame yourself for that. Quit updating

Feel totally shafted £699 for a P3 advanced.(DJI.com) I paid £899 a few months back. So DJI are limiting more & more where we can fly and single handily decreasing the residual value of their product. Give it another 6 months and the product will be worthless & unusable. If its a 10 year anniversary sale why don't they allow their existing customer base celebrate it by reducing the price of batteries & accessories also.

Obviously very little thought was given to customers who had made a significant investment prior to their anniversary.

You think you feel screwed? My girlfriend and her twin sister bought the P2+ Zenmuse versions for me and the sister's boyfriend back in September, only to find that support is not even available on the DJI Home page. Parts availability is third-party, and only from eBay and other online sellers. All those folks drooling over their P3's are next in line for some real disappointment as DJI creates a new and higher altar for them.

All I can say, after reading most of the posts, is that RC in general requires some responsibility. Even though it is beginning a new era now, the old rules of RC should be followed.

You might have heard about the precipitous fall of the Chinese Stock Markets and the sudden devaluation of the Yuan. The Chinese suppliers are getting pretty desperate to raise revenue any way they can. I just contracted to sell three kidneys to Shen Zen!

Because that is the correct word. Did you think that "bare" should have been used?! That is bare as in, naked. Please learn the proper use of, and definition of, words.

ETA: Ah, I forget that you're not from America. Sorry, maybe the nuances of our language are new to you. Bear is the correct usage, as in bear the weight, support, hold, carry.
Oh dear God. What a start to the day - an American giving English lessons. Where's my coffee?
And why did he have to be right? What's the world coming to?

The DJI GEO page where you do the self-authorization request states specifically (bold added to highlight specifics):

"Unlocking an Authorization Zone is instantaneous using DJI Go when you are ready to fly within, or when your aerial system flies towards, an Authorization Zone. Unlocking lasts 24 hours and takes just a few taps on the screen. Users planning to fly in an Authorization Zone without a live connection to the internet may use this online Advanced Unlocking system to schedule a maximum of 30 simultaneous unlocked zones. Each will remain unlocked for three days.

Only Authorization Zones, yellow highlighted areas, can be unlocked. Simply click on a yellow highlighted area to unlock it. Red Areas are Restricted Zones that cannot be unlocked. Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions. You can display or hide different areas by selecting or deselecting the appropriate checkbox.
"

Seems not to be so onerous as you claim.... once it's actually implemented, we shall see I suppose...
Am I reading it wrong? It says to begin with that "Unlocking lasts 24 hours" and later, that "Each will remain unlocked for three days."
Or is that right and the three day bit applies to offline unlocking only?

Their chinese what do you expect.

DirecTV has been doing that for years! If you're an existing customer you have to fight for every little piece of your supposed contract. If you're a new customer you get all the temporary freebies.

Clark Howard (a moderately well-known radio personality) says you should "play the game" and keep swapping back and forth between DISH and DirecTV to get the best deals. Too bad we can't do that with our Phantoms!

Not to pick a fight but ONLY because Apple fans are absolute fanatics. If Apple offered a iPhone 6.5Plus that had 1Kb more memory than the 6 Plus, Apple fans would brave the cold for days & plunk down $1000 to be the first to own one.

I hate to be the white shadow in the room but...

....if Apple made a drone - It'd be pretty epic and would hold its value quite well :)

Why do drones loose so much value?? Why do vehicles loose so much value? It's a moving/functioning device that develops wear an tear. With no legit "prior history" to go by you are simply left with the assumption it was used easy, never in a crash and will last longer than the asking price you deem fair.

I think you are confusing P3 versions. There is a new P3 - the P3 4K which is basically a P3 Standard with 4K camera, VPS, & an upgraded controller. Its range is listed as "1200 m." The P3 Professional & Advanced range is listed as "5 KM - 3.1 miles."

Did anyone look at the spec's of the 10th Anniversary special. When I looked at them and compared them to the P3P I just bought, the 10th Anniversary machine doesn't have the 3+ mile range (show it has only 1.2 miles) that the P3P does. Or at least that's the way their "compare" page showed it. So then the question is..."Is the extra range worth the extra money?"

Am I reading it wrong? It says to begin with that "Unlocking lasts 24 hours" and later, that "Each will remain unlocked for three days."
Or is that right and the three day bit applies to offline unlocking only?
Real-time unlocking (from the app, while you are online and flying or preparing to fly) lasts 24 hours.

Preplanned (from their website and maybe from app) unlocking states that your zone will be unlocked for 3 days starting from 12:00 am today to 23:59 pm the day after tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers