Everyone should have a gimbal guard.

I see absolutely no difference in flight characteristics with a carbon fiber gimbal guard. Prop guards, on the other hand, I don't like. Too much visual interference and I do feel like they make the quad a bit ponderous. I also think the DJI guards create extra strain on the arm ends and contribute to cracking..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed /key word modification adding anything voids warranty
yea but who do you think is going to warranty a crash anyway i say if it doesnt hinder your bird which means no boltremoving then you are allowed to "modify" it however you want if you want a gimebl guard or sticker on top go ahead i would suggest you remove if you have warrenty but you have already voide yours anyway so do what you think man everybody has an oppinon but shes your bird make it safe i would sugest not flying aroung the house and prop guards would be a better investment

robb at ALLTRONIX

Look around. Gimbal guards have been associated with compass abnormalities (carbon fiber version), camera problems and other sorts of issues. DJI is well within it's rights to void a warranty on any modded product. That said, they can't possibly know unless you send them a picture or glue the thing on there.

I've avoided gimbal guards because they seem to create as much trouble as they save - certainly they can be helpful in some circumstances but YMMV. They clearly are no panacea.

My birds are fairly heavily modded (lights, antennas, trackers, air flow covers taped over). Yep, DJI might void a warranty claim but I will take that risk. What I won't do is mod a brand new bird. I will run it around for a while in stock configuration to make sure it is a keeper, then mess with it. Right now I'm looking for a used P3P to do some more radical stuff to (camera mods). I certainly don't expect DJI to warrant any of that.

And Apple has been pretty good about this sort of thing. They repaired my out of warranty motherboard on a 2011 17 inch MBP when it failed after three years despite replacing the superdrive with another hard drive, replacing the hard drive with an SSD and stuffing more than the stock amount of memory in it.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SPEND

Do not taunt happy fun ball.
WH

Dji is like apple with bad service. They do things like putting the gimbal inside, that way if things go wrong, you have to send it to them for repair rather than fixing it yourself.
NO YOU DONT THERS A GUY MAKING BETTER THREE D PRINTED GIMBEL PARTS AND SELLS THE CABLE TOO GOOGLE IT BRO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4