ESC status error problem after upgrading to 1.9.60

I still think the firmware had "something" to do with the error resulting in my quad being bricked. Maybe there was a change in the software monitoring the motors/esc's resulting in a bug being introduced ?. There are a lot of similar stories out there (even at the Inspire camp) and the first thing noted by these reports is that it happened after the upgrade. I am still not totally convinced that the firmware is free from fault in my case.

Does anyone know if the ESC logic can be changed by firmware, or are the ESC's separate modules that are not firmware-updateable? The only way I can conceive of the firmware being able to cause this is if the firmware made some change to the ESC logic that makes either the ESC's or motors more prone to overheating and they can burn out. I flew twice on 1.9.60 and didn't have any problem other than vertical ascent seeming to be a little slower. I've since downgraded back to 1.8.80 just in case.

Mike

Don't be so sure. I had to rebuild mine completely to replace the shell a while back after I noticed cracks under a motor.

DJI didn't know, or they didn't care. I didn't get an itemized list of what they repaired, but they fixed it for absolutely no cost, and it has a new shell. I feel your pain man. It took almost a month to get back. But I really can't complain with how they handled it.

I honestly don't know if the firmware had anything to do with it. People have been reporting this type of error since these came out, so who knows.

Well being I took mine apart and replaced the inner sd card they probably won't cover it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't be so sure. I had to rebuild mine completely to replace the shell a while back after I noticed cracks under a motor.

DJI didn't know, or they didn't care. I didn't get an itemized list of what they repaired, but they fixed it for absolutely no cost, and it has a new shell. I feel your pain man. It took almost a month to get back. But I really can't complain with how they handled it.

I honestly don't know if the firmware had anything to do with it. People have been reporting this type of error since these came out, so who knows.

I was going to say... I'd give it a try. If they find an obvious failure on an ESC, motor, or some unrelated part, they may not care if the internal SD was replaced and may still cover it. I know there are DJI horror stories but there are some good ones too.

Mike

I bought mine used from someone. It was not two months old but second hand never the less. So don't know if the warranty is transferable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine may be different or even worse, cause I can't even install firmware now. It makes all kinds of weird noises that it never made before and won't finish the update. Always freezes up and I have to eventually shut it down. Here's the link to my originally post...
I'm done with dji and possibly drones all together

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I also posted my experience earlier. Had a minor crash from 5 feet height but the P3A continue to fly well for a dozen more flights. When I noticed a crack on one arm, I took it apart to repair the crack, but once I put the body shell back, I had the ESC error. Sent it to DJI for repair and had to paid the $211 repair bill. That's life :(

Do they give you the option after they decide who is at Fault and how much it's gonna cost to fix? Meaning can you say no don't bother send it back, or do they say it's apart and you have to pay if you want it back?

Do they give you the option after they decide who is at Fault and how much it's gonna cost to fix? Meaning can you say no don't bother send it back, or do they say it's apart and you have to pay if you want it back?
Yes, they emailed me the quote first then I told them whether to go ahead with the repair or not.

I'm done messing with it...I've tried literally everything and every combination. Im going to call them today and tell them my situation and probably send it in. If they don't cover it I'm telling them to send it back to me and I'll be parting the good parts out on here and will be done with drones...thanks for everyone's help...

Well it's on it's way to Dji...fingers crossed[emoji120]

Update...sent mine into Dji and they fixed it for free and it's in the mail heading back home right now. Very pleased with Dji and the customer service was top notch[emoji106]

Update...sent mine into Dji and they fixed it for free and it's in the mail heading back home right now. Very pleased with Dji and the customer service was top notch[emoji106]
Did DJI give you any reason that could have caused your error? Not due to this latest firmware?

No they said something about a faulty imu chip...will know more when I get it home and read what's on the form...

Just got my phantom back today and took it out for a test flight and everything is great. Flys just like it did before I had all the problems with the latest update. FYI it came home with the latest firmware. I couldn't be more pleased with Dji's customer service. I know people have complained about the service in the past and some have bragged about how great Autel robotics customer service is, and it may be but I can't imagine having a better outcome with my bird....in case anyone is curious they replaced the main control board module...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers