ESC error Help needed

I had the same issue with my P3P and I did all that DJI support recommended without success. DJI told me I needed to send the drone in for evaluation:(. Downgrading/updating FW multiple times and still ESC error, so I was convinced it was hardware. The problem in my case was a bad smd capacitor. I pretty much took the drone apart and tested all the ESC components (all four sides have same ESC components) and found a capacitor that was reading way higher than other capacitors to its respective arm. A closer look with a good magnifying glass revealed a burnt spot in the center of the tiny capacitor (hard to see with the naked eye).
I have a donor board so replaced the capacitor and now all good. I'm comfortable working with electronics even tho I'm a novice so this turned out to be a cheap fix for me. I don't know if this will help but that's how I fixed my ESC error.

Rolling back the FW as Digdat0 suggested "may" fix your issue, but you're not willing to take the risk. My bird is out of DJI's warranty so I'm the warranty:).

**Pictured is the donor board I took the capacitor from... pen showing the spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 237
Reactions: quaddamage

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member