ESC Beeping

When enabled, the ESCs will control the motors in such a way that makes them emit a beeping sound. It could be useful if you lose your Phantom in a field of tall grass (for example).

When enabled, the ESCs will control the motors in such a way that makes them emit a beeping sound. It could be useful if you lose your Phantom in a field of tall grass (for example).
Ok thank you

Is this a new feature in P4P?
It's fairly new. I'm not sure when it was added, but you can find it here:

DJI-GO-Esc-Beeping.jpg

It can also be enabled in the "Find My Drone" section of DJI GO. Tap the aircraft icon on the map and tap "ESC Beeping".

Are you sure sound comes out of the motors? Very strange.

As strange as it may seem, the ESCs vibrate the motors to make the sound.
I'm curious now why DJI chose to vibrate motors versus making sound with the onboard speaker that make the tones when you turn on the craft. It would seem like those same familiar tones would be sufficient to hear the craft from 50' away if they kept repeating the tones. Seems like the vibrating motor method would use more power and take extra effort to code the firmware, but if it's louder than the speaker tones, that would make sense.

versus making sound with the onboard speaker that make the tones when you turn on the craft
The ESCs and motors make the sounds when the craft is turned on too. If you hold the motors between your fingers, you'll feel them vibrate.

I could never imagine that those sounds come out of the motors and not from an internal speaker. It's a news to me. Thx msinger. But that's very inefficient way of producing loud tones.

Did dji document it somewhere ?

I could never imagine that those sounds come out of the motors and not from an internal speaker. It's a news to me. Thx msinger. But that's very inefficient way of producing loud tones.

Did dji document it somewhere ?
I definitely agree, that's surprising and seems inefficient, as well as amazing IMO. Great trivia.

Just because it's name is ESC beep, it doesn't mean ESCs make motors beep. Difficult to digest.

ESC.= exclusive search chime, doubles as the electronic speed control.

I just tested ESC beep search chiming and it's quite cool, louder than the initialization chimes. I never knew those initialization tones were implemented that away, by slightly oscillating the motor. I do remember about year ago folks suggesting DJI allow enabling of those chimes for search purposes, so it appears DJI listened. Nice. It's interesting that each motor has it's own tone it emits.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl