ESC 1 & 4 Error message

Reaction score
I sent a phantom 4 drone by mail to a buyer. He just got the drone and said he was getting the above error message. No damage to the shipping box or grey drone case. Any ideas as to why he is getting this error message, and how it might be fixed? Thanks

Last edited:
What additional information would you need?
Thanks for your help ??
Really not sure what to tell you but any history you had with it would be a start . Just what he has tryed ,anything ..you gave nothing for anyone to help you. What did you do sell it on E-bay. Maybe he messed it up and trying to scam you.

I don’t think it is a scam. The young lady wanted to buy a drone for her birthday. The drone was flying fine before sending. When they power up the drone they get yellow lights flashing, and the monitor show ESC 1&4 error. We reset the drone and this did not help. Thanks for your interest to help. Michael

Packing material fragments in the motors? Do the motors turn freely? What happens when you fire up with no propellers mounted?

The error could have to do with the motors mechanically, as well as an electronic failure of the circuit board controlling the motor’s speed. A problem with the wiring from the board to the motor as well.

Thanks fo your replay David. The shipping package and the grey dense foam carrying case that DJI provides showed no damage from shipping; ie. tears, holes, etc. in either box or case. The only thing I can surmise is the USPS caused and impact at a level to causes damage to the motor and or to the circuit board. I'm sure the post office will look at me and say fat chance it was our issue. Thanks again, Michael

The only thing I can surmise is the USPS caused and impact at a level to causes damage to the motor and or to the circuit board.
I admit that I lean towards the cynical side of the spectrum, but to me it seems much more likely that the birthday girl did something which blocked the motors. Perhaps a tip over, or perhaps poorly installed or cheap prop guards which could flex into a prop's path. There's really no telling, and if she says that she did nothing wrong it would be very hard if not impossible to prove otherwise.

I would calibrate the IMU first. Then ask her for additional information. Let her to breefly describe her steps to put the drone on and run motors if she came to that step at all.

update on this one???

The buyer took the P4 drone in to a repair store last Tuesday and was to keep me up to date on what was wrong with the drone. As of today I have not heard a word back from the buyer. This leaves me to believe the drone not working was a result of their doing after it arrived. As stated by them before, there was no damage to the package or grey styrofoam case from shipping. Thanks for your interest ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing