Erratic max ceiling setting in DJI Go 4, P4P

Reaction score
HI All,
So Iv been having this issue for a couple months now. Any ideas/comments appreciated. I cant seem to make the issues happen or not happen. Its very random. Which is making it difficult to fix.

Issue: On launching dji go 4 app, max altitude setting is set to 0 (zero). Sometimes RTH setting is also 0. This is not the setting I use.
Quit and re-launch go 4 app, setting returns to my preset value.
I get this almost every time on first system boot. And most of the time quitting and relaunching the go 4 app corrects it the first time i try. but not all the time. Sometimes it takes more than one quit/launch cycles to get my settings to return.
i have also had this (and other issues with the app "AutoPilot") on the firmware version .300. I rolled back to see if it would correct things. But it has not corrected any of my issues.
Some other issues: side sensors error dialog:sometimes. DJI GS Pro:camera wont connect. DroneDeploy: obstacle sensor error. Auto Pilot app: Wont "engage" autonomous flight.

I have deleted and reinstalled Go 4, and the other flight apps.

Any ideas of things to try for troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated! Im really starting to pull my hair out on this... Thx! :)

P4P, 1.04.0602

RC, 1.04.01.00+

DJI Go 4 app: 4.2.6

AutoPilot app, 4.25

iPad Pro 9.7" 11.2.2

I assume you know that some settings are stored in the AC and may not show correctly in the app (or retain changes) unless the AC is also powered up and connected. Could that be a part of what you are seeing?

I assume you know that some settings are stored in the AC and may not show correctly in the app (or retain changes) unless the AC is also powered up and connected. Could that be a part of what you are seeing?
Yes, I use boot sequence of:
RC power on, aircraft power on, go 4 app launch.
and
Power down: go4 app quit, aircraft off, RC off.

To Add:
I also get "mobile device CPU fully loaded" error.

Iv noticed its like some of the aircraft connects, like the camera, but not a good enough of connect to load the settings into go 4. very strange.
Ive tried diff lightning cables.

Last edited:
I've rec'd some 0 readings on these altitude limits and such, but it's when the app is on and not the bird. Try powering up your drone and seeing it those figures then fill-in?.

Reactions: Brad Pierce
I've rec'd some 0 readings on these altitude limits and such, but it's when the app is on and not the bird. Try powering up your drone and seeing it those figures then fill-in?.
Hey Top,
understood.... I get these after the bird is hot and then launch go 4....

Hey Top,
understood.... I get these after the bird is hot and then launch go 4....

Ahhh, so not the easy way out then. dang. Have you tried other UI devices, like if IOS now, can you switch to Android and see if those flight data cells are still zeroed?

I'm not so sure how "bullet proof" our Go4 app is TBH, I've seen some glitchy stuff before too, usually I just mark it up to an app that is trying to work on a hundred different devices. Just thinking about 1 operating system like Android, man hundreds an hundreds of devices all with different displays, software, processors, man... I can see where some flux's can happen. Glad I'm not a developer for them! lol.

Last edited:
Ahhh, so not the easy way out then. dang. Have you tried other UI devices, like if IOS now, can you switch to Android and see if those flight data cells are still zeroed?

I'm not so sure how "bullet proof" our Go4 app is TBH, I've seen some glitchy stuff before too, usually I just mark it up to an app that is trying to work on a hundred different devices. Just thinking about 1 operating system like Android, man hundreds an hundreds of devices all with different displays, software, processors, man... I can see where some flux's can happen. Glad I'm not a developer for them! lol.

Top: So when I used ios 10 i never had seen this behavior. ...
So, if i use another ipad ios 10 with an older version of go 4 and it works fine, what would you recommend to be able to use my ipad pro (ios11) that is giving me trouble? I know i cant roll back to ios 10 and rolling back to another version of go4 im not sure about.

I have had trouble wrapping my brain around using the ios in this way. I wish apple made ios less dolt proof and more usable.
Anyway any thots on my predicament?
thank you for all your help!!!!!! :)

Hey Brad,
Not sure if the 2 iPads you mention are exact/identical?.... but....

If you use let's say your backup iPad using the same iOS ver. (ie 10.3.3) and also your later (newer iPad) on the same iOS ver, there could lie the problem. Your older iPad 'was' compatible until maybe the latest Go4 upgrade.

The newest Go4 software is much more processor demanding. From what I understand this is a big issue with IOS devices that aren't so called "current".

I have 3 iPads. I kinda upgrade (slowly) through the years. My oldest iPad 4 won't work at all with the latest Go4 app, whereas my newest iPad Pro 12.9" works flawlessly. And all my iPads have the latest iOS operating software loaded, that is not the issue, it's the demanding Go4 app that wants fasssst processing speed, screen handling etc.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4