Epson BT-200 with new HDMI unit or wait for Epson-BT300?

tcg

Reaction score
Hello!

(**NOTE** I do not work for DJI or EPSON or receive any type of compensation from them)

I've been using the Epson BT-200 Glasses with my DJI Phantom 2 Vision for a couple of years. If you want a great FPV experience (and still be able to actually see your drone) these are really great. However, the controller unit for those glasses is stuck at an older version of Android and will not work with my Phantom 3 Pro (and it won't work with the Phantom 4 either). Epson stopped upgrading and has announced they have no intention of upgrading the op system.

Well, today Prelaunch.Com announced an accessory that will connect those glasses to a mini-HDMI interface (meaning they will now work with the P3 and P4. That accessory is about the size of a smartphone, requires 3 cables and an additional mini-usb power supply. It costs $500. The website doesn't say exactly when it will ship but I think it will ship this month (April). Don't know if I can put links in a post but try this:
HDMI Input Accessory

A few weeks ago Epson announced the BT-300 glasses, which will definitely work with the P3 and P4 and (as you might expect) have a better viewing screen and other upgraded features. The Prelaunch.com cost for those is $799, but the worst part is the intended ship date is "Fall 2016"
here's another attempt at a link: Ready to Pre-Order

So, do I spend $500 and use the old glasses this summer (prime drone season) or do I gut it out and wait for the newer version in the fall (and hope that date doesn't slide into winter!)

I know it's really just a personal choice but wanted to let you guys know these products exist now and that you also have options to consider.

I have never used BT200 but read a lot about it. I'm not sure how does it work under sun as its open to light?

$799 is a very steep price and not sure if it's worth it. There are other goggles like Glyph and iWear are already available and will offer a competition to it.

If you are a fan of BT 200, you should go for BT 300.

The BT200 works well in full sunlight. There is a clip on shade that comes with the unit, makes them look a little more like sunglasses anyway!
Thanks for your advice!

Here's something to consider. I have a pair of BT200 and can't get them sold. I can't even give them away as everyone has upgraded from the PV2. If you upgrade your up and running for $500 and now. If you wait you're out $700 and had to wait...

This HDMI interface available for extremely high price of $499. No point in buying it.

Extremely disappointing. if this is the trend, then I m not sure if we would be able to buy BT-300 at all.

Last edited:
looks like industry cannot deliver good FPV goggles, im not sure if technology still undeveloped or just poor demand. flying with quality FPV goggles is completely new experience.

This HDMI interface available for extremely high price of $499. No point in buying it.

Extremely disappointing. if this is the trend, then I m not sure if we would be able to buy BT-300 at all.

I just heard back from Epson that I can share a 20% code with users interested. You can use the code for the bundle or just the HDMI box.

Use http://moverioaccessory.prelaunch.com/ and use discount code kenahdmi2016 for 20% off the bundle or HDMI box.

I just heard back from Epson that I can share a 20% code with users interested. You can use the code for the bundle or just the HDMI box.

Use http://moverioaccessory.prelaunch.com/ and use discount code kenahdmi2016 for 20% off the bundle or HDMI box.
That discount is for BT-200 bundle or HDMI box. We are looking for BT-300 and not BT-200 anymore.

That discount is for BT-200 bundle or HDMI box. We are looking for BT-300 and not BT-200 anymore.

Correct the code is for BT200 and/or HDMI box. I haven't been given codes for the BT300 as they are not out until fall but the BT200 will still be sold and remains available.

just made a new thread about my experience with BT-200 and new HDMI module - FPV on my Phantom 3!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan