Entering flight data mode windows 10

Reaction score
Followed instructions but there is no driver migrated for windows 10 and the P3S. Did an automatic search for a driver, nothing. Anyone accessing the data with windows 10 successfully?
The bird gives off a pair of beeps every 2 seconds or so...it appears to want to connect.

I don't believe there are any drivers. Your computer doesn't show an additional drive when connected?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have Win 10, no drivers needed. Are you trying to download flight logs?

Does not show up as a new drive. Yes just want to download internal files. Don't need to, just want to.

Does not show up as a new drive. Yes just want to download internal files. Don't need to, just want to.
You have the drone, remote and device all powered on and have data mode selected? In the MC Settings menu, choose Advanced Settings and select "Enter flight date mode." The app will prompt you to connect the drone to a PC, and the USB port on the Phantom 3 is located on the front or nose of the drone. Correct? What software or site are you planning to use to read the .dat files?

Yes, except not "data mode selected" in your first sentence. All the rest, yes. In Device Manager there is the yellow triangle next to the mass storage device indicating the device has not been migrated.

Yes, except not "data mode selected" in your first sentence. All the rest, yes. In Device Manager there is the yellow triangle next to the mass storage device indicating the device has not been migrated.
Well there you go. You first post says "Followed instructions" what instructions? I guess not the right ones. You need to do this or it's not going to work.

Instructions posted by dji for phantom 3. Where does it say select data mode, and where do you select data mode? That is not in the instructions. Fire up everything and follow the prompt in the Go App. At no point does it say enter data mode except enter flight data mode, which is not a prerequisite as your post says. Your post says I need to enter data mode before doing anything in the App.

1. Power up the Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 drone and launch the DJI GO App. Enter the camera view.
  2. In the MC Settings menu, choose Advanced Settings. You can find the MC Settings on the top left corner of the screen, directly to the right of the Home icon.
  3. Scroll down, and select Enter flight date mode.
  4. The DJI GO app will prompt you to connect the drone to a PC or Mac via USB cable. The USB port on the Phantom 3 is located on the front or nose of the drone. On the Inspire 1, the USB port is located on the rear of the drone under the taillight.
  5. Once you connect the drone to your computer, you will be able to access the internal files from the drone. Here, you can copy the .DAT files onto your computer. These are the files that can be viewed with our Log Viewer.

Did all this. Where is the prerequisite enter data mode step?

Instructions posted by dji for phantom 3. Where does it say select data mode, and where do you select data mode? That is not in the instructions. Fire up everything and follow the prompt in the Go App. At no point does it say enter data mode except enter flight data mode, which is not a prerequisite as your post says. Your post says I need to enter data mode before doing anything in the App.
Never said anything about doing something before using the Go app, except to powering your equipment up. I said data mode (meaning flight data mode) thinking you knew how to do that. So the bottom line, have you gone into "flight data mode" in the Go app, and have a USB data cable between the drone (not gimbal) and your PC when prompt?

Correct. (technically you did...power up, put in data mode, enter MC...then enter flight data mode...but we are on the same page)

Correct. (technically you did...power up, put in data mode, enter MC...then enter flight data mode...but we are on the same page)
The second sentence was just my attempt I telling you how to enter data mode (flight data mode), that I was referring to in the first sentence. If the grammar lesson is over, good luck.

The second sentence was just my attempt I telling you how to enter data mode (flight data mode), that I was referring to in the first sentence. If the grammar lesson is over, good luck.
Understood.

So I solved it. If anyone else runs into this issue here is a workaround:

Since a couple of you said yours is basically plug and play, that confirms that it is a driver issue. Apparently DJI drivers are not digitally signed, so you must disable that function in your PC settings. You can Google how to do that.

Good afternoon.
A couple uploads that you might find interesting to close this thread on a better note. I am sure I offended WilliamM with the grammar lesson, meant no harm, I am sorry.

A photo I took a few days ago and the flight path from one of the dat logs opened in Google Earth.

This stuff is very cool.
DJI_0030 copy.jpg

170125 evening flight.jpg

Last edited:
Everything's cool, no offense taken. Nice night shot.

Very well, thank you!

You have the drone, remote and device all powered on and have data mode selected? In the MC Settings menu, choose Advanced Settings and select "Enter flight date mode." The app will prompt you to connect the drone to a PC, and the USB port on the Phantom 3 is located on the front or nose of the drone. Correct? What software or site are you planning to use to read the .dat files?
I have entered flight data mode and plugged a cable from my computer to the port on the front of the P3S body. I was expecting a device to show up in my finder window but nothing does. At other times when I have downloaded videos and photos when I connect to the camera port I get a device called Phantom3 showing up in my finder window, but I am not getting any device in flight data mode. Am I doing this wrong?

I have entered flight data mode and plugged a cable from my computer to the port on the front of the P3S body. I was expecting a device to show up in my finder window but nothing does. At other times when I have downloaded videos and photos when I connect to the camera port I get a device called Phantom3 showing up in my finder window, but I am not getting any device in flight data mode. Am I doing this wrong?
First make sure using a true data cable not just a charging USB cable there are some differences. Did you try browsing to that drive via the windows Explorer?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic