Unable to connect P3S to desktop computer

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 on a Dell desktop computer - all the latest updates to Windows 10 are installed and are current. As far as I know I have followed every instruction as to how to connect the P3S to my computer so that I can download the flight logs that are on the P3S.

The only problem is MY COMPUTER NEVER RECOGNIZES THAT THE P3S IS CONNECTED. The drone never shows up as one of the available devices / storage locations when I click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. When I check the status of the devices that ARE connected to the computer it shows that one is connected through the USB port and is recognized as COMM3, with a baud rate of 11,500. It also says that device is working perfectly, and even identifies it as a "DJI Controller".

I have noodled around in the DJI Go program on my drone display tablet to see if there is anything there which would allow me to connect with the desktop, but find nothing along those lines.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Did you set it to Flight Data Mode in the app?

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell desktop computer - all the latest updates to Windows 10 are installed and are current. As far as I know I have followed every instruction as to how to connect the P3S to my computer so that I can download the flight logs that are on the P3S.
Do you really want the encrypted logs in the Phantom anyway?
You'll probably get all you need and easier if you just look at the flight records stored in the app on your phone or tablet.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record and it will give you more info than you'll ever need in a very user-friendly form.

Did you set it to Flight Data Mode in the app?
Yes, but neither the tablet that I use while flying nor the desktop computer made any kind of update when I did that. Nothing showing that there was any communication between the drone and the computer...

Do you really want the encrypted logs in the Phantom anyway?
You'll probably get all you need and easier if you just look at the flight records stored in the app on your phone or tablet.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record and it will give you more info than you'll ever need in a very user-friendly form.
Went there, done that (i.e., I selected the flight record that I am interested in. I see a selection box labled "Upload", but the system does not allow me to drag the flight record that I want to see into that boc. If I double-click on the flight record that I want to see the computer opens up Windows Notebook and displays several pages of gibberish (which I am not fluent in).

What instructions are you referring to?

Reactions: Omokjoe
Went there, done that (i.e., I selected the flight record that I am interested in. I see a selection box labled "Upload", but the system does not allow me to drag the flight record that I want to see into that boc. If I double-click on the flight record that I want to see the computer opens up Windows Notebook and displays several pages of gibberish (which I am not fluent in).

What instructions are you referring to?
The instructions that are shown on the page at: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
You upload the appropriate .txt file and it shows you just about everything about that flight.
Try again ...it's not difficult and works for everyone else so far.

The instructions that are shown on the page at: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
You upload the appropriate .txt file and it shows you just about everything about that flight.
Try again ...it's not difficult and works for everyone else so far.

Okay, found what I was doing wrong.

I had a P3S lose GPS lock on a night flight and the wind blew it away before I could regain control of it prior to it crashing. The real-time flight display on my Samsung SM-T230NU gave a very short "High Electromagnetic Interference" warning (less than 2 seconds) during the flight. I tried taking over manual control of the drone immediately after I noticed the GPS was turned off but without having the drone actually in view I couldn't tell if my efforts had any result. Later analysis of the track the 'copter took shows that perhaps I did get some control of it and maybe even was responsible for it landing on the roof of a building (with some damage resulting to the drone).

I was hoping this system (i.e., uploading the flight info from my Samsung device and being able to analyze the data, but it doesn't appear to give me what I am looking for, but, alas, it does not show me when the electromagnetic interference became a problem and when the GPS was knocked off line, nor does it show when I took over control of the craft (if I did, indeed take over control at any time post-interference problem).

I was hoping this system (i.e., uploading the flight info from my Samsung device and being able to analyze the data, but it doesn't appear to give me what I am looking for, but, alas, it does not show me when the electromagnetic interference became a problem and when the GPS was knocked off line, nor does it show when I took over control of the craft (if I did, indeed take over control at any time post-interference problem).
It might have those details but it takes a bit more digging to get to them.
By clicking the Download CSV link you get a spreadsheet with a lot more info including joystick control input.
It's a bit harder to read as there's so much data.
If you post a link to the Phantomhelp report, someone may be able to help interpreting it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan