End of hobby flying in USA?

I believe we should post on Facebook or any/all mass media methods as many "good" ideas for the use of Drones as possible to counter all the BAD media image's out there.
Drones could be used for Search and Rescue, Shark Watch, Delivery of Life rings to people caught in Rip Tides,,, anything else "Positive".
There is only NEGATIVE posting of Drones now because our Mass media {news} focuses on only NEGATIVE issues in order to retain viewers.
So whenever you find a GOOD use for a Drone please place it on some form of media and share it with all of us.
I don't think Drones are going to go away, but the government will continue to place more restrictions on them whenever they can.
Most people who are not Drone or RC pilots see them as a potential invasion of privacy or a noisy nuisance. Lets change that if we can.

While I do agree that Main Stream media does sensationalize the "Bad" drone cases I can tell you first hand that many are eager to post "Positive" as well. I'm active in many groups and we are seeing/posting positives almost every single day.

Every time we take a drone up with our local Emergency Services Dept the media is there (sometimes when we don't want them to be) and they splash it all over their social media. We just need to give them more GOOD to use than we are BAD!

So then you want a law that says "sometimes you should be connected "? How will that help? How about if you want to buy any UAV that you need to have a certificate that says you have some basic education on airspace etc.? Then if you get stopped by any LEO and are not holding prof (your basic license) you get a fine? Exactly like a car. Kids and hobbyist on AMA fields could be exempt. There is no reason to force people to pay for cell service if they don't want it just to fly a drone, people are not required to have cell service to drive a car, a much more dangerous vehicle.

I agree a license should be mandatory to fly a drone outdoors. I still think the chance of a LEO finding a drone operator are slim to none without a transponder of some kind. I would bet almost everyone who has a drone also has a cell phone, so I don't understand that being an excuse. But I do agree they can fly them with the AMA or other areas that can qualify. I'm not sure it matters what we think anyway. If more and more people abuse the freedom we have now or a when serious accident happens, the government will put a stop to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20