electrolytic capacitor loose

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had a slight crash and I after that I heard inside of my Phantom 3 Adv noise. So I opened it up and I found damaged screw insert which is right beside one of the motor - picture no.1

And also I found loose electrolytic capacitor. I am not sure if its blown or just damaged. Picutres no.2 and no.3

Anyone can help? Solder it together? Buy a new one?

Thank you very much!!!!

Attachments

• no.1.jpg
    no.1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 621
  • no.2.jpg
    no.2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 611
  • no.3.jpg
    no.3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 894
Do you think that it is the issue?
I tried to balance propellers, I tried all sorts of calibrations, I put ND filter on it and still nothing.
I also tried to check voltage but didnt show anything-maybe didnt check it properly...

What exactly do capacitors?

I tried to balance propellers, I tried all sorts of calibrations, I put ND filter on it and still nothing.
I also tried to check voltage but didnt show anything-maybe didnt check it properly...

I'm not entirely sure what they do but had the same issue a couple of months ago. I tried to solder but it's not that kind of joint and in the end I glued it down and it works fine. There are a one or two blank places on the board for these things, which I found odd, and also only three of them in total on the P3P centre board so there's clearly not one per motor.

Glueing it should be all that you need.

The insert, you can glue in place.
Loose capacitor requires soldering and / or replacement. Solder joints are on the other side of the board. Based on your post, I strongly suggest that you get someone who knows something about electronic circuits and soldering to do it.

From the photo, I thought it was through hole as all I see fight by it is white stacking compound. I could easily be wrong on that as I have never never examine the board first hand. My advice to have somebody knowledgeable to look at it still stands.

As said above, its an SMD, can be soldered but requires good skills. Chances are you will need to replace it (the connection may be sheared off).

Capacitors store voltage almost like a battery, bring it to a electronic repair facility or a person that knows how to solder well, this is a easy repair

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers