Egg on my face :(

Reaction score
So I'm standing out in the Texas Heat, sweat dripping off my nose, down my neck and arms getting ready to fly my P3P for the first time. I have my whole family in attendance at a distance in the shade of a tree waiting for the big moment. I'm all ready to go except to install the props and do the compass dance. I pull them out of the bag and try to screw them on. WTF. I don't have my reading glasses on so I can't see that well up close. It finally dawned on me that there must be some type of clear plastic wrapper protecting the prop hub. Having no sharp tool with me I attempt to remove the plastic wrapper with wet fingers and short finger nails. After about 10 minutes of tearing at the plastic I finally got them off and my props installed. First flight went well so it was not a total washout :) I don't recall my PF40 spare props having this plastic wrap on the hubs.

Reactions: jlo and Oso
The plastic is perforated on the bottom. I swore at the first prop for 5 minutes before I realized it, others were a breeze. :)

hahah. That's funny. It took me a few minutes to get the plastic off mine too, and I had a sharp tool and wear contacts!

Reactions: jlo
Lots fun!, but now your ready, go for it Captain!

Reactions: jlo
making your first flight in front of an audience was asking for trouble!

And yes, those plastic wrappers were an absolute pig to remove. The annoyance of those plastic wrappers paled into insignificance compared to the utter lunacy of the activation process though :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj