Editing video with flight data overlay(idx)

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have multiple videos shot using phantom 4 with video captions on. I want to join all those videos in premiere pro while overlaying flight data in the subtitles section. But premiere pro doesn't accept idx files. Any idea as to how can I have those videos along with the subtitles . I have come across dashware. Not sure if you can edit videos in there .
Thanks in advance .

Not sure if you can edit videos in there .
No, you can not edit the video's in Dashware. It works with the .txt file from the flight log which you must convert
to .csv first. ( It is already .csv if you are using Litchi ). Dashware is only to synchronize the data to the included overlays and to generate the output video file once the overlays are done.

@Fly Dawg Thank you for your reply. So how do you suggest I edit videos using premiere pro with subtitles overlayed on it ? Because when I will edit my videos I will crop clips and only retain the relevant part of the video clips. So I also want to make sure that the GPS coordinates which I will overlay on the video clips are correct and match exactly to the retained part of the video clips. How do I go about achieving this ?

I would say that this depends on how "accurate" you wish the edited clips to be ( Timeline wise vs data time). What you could possibly do is crop your clips the way you want them BUT pay very close attention to the actual timeline in the editor and note the "start and "stop" actual times of each clip from the original footage. For instance lets say your entire original video is 10:00:00 long, and you cut out a "clip" from 06:24:13 to 07:24:13. For that individual clip, you would need to edit the .csv file ( converted from the .txt file) that would correlate the same as the cutout clip time. ( You see this is not so easy to get completely accurate but it will work ) Save the edited .csv file the same name as your cutout clip ( Just for ease to remember ). Load your clip and the edited .csv file in to Dashware and compile as you so desire. The clip and the data should match, depending on how accurate your were in notating the timeline. It's a lot more work than most people think. I have done it this way, but it is very tedious as you can imagine.

@Fly Dawg Thank you for the reply . I did my previous project this way but found it very time consuming . So that was the reason I posted this to find out if I was missing out on something and if there are better alternatives to the current method(method you suggested)

I did my previous project this way but found it very time consuming
YES, it is isn't it......;) Maybe there is something more automated some place, ( I have yet to find anything ) but my guess is you will still have to edit the .csv file for the correct data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.