Flight Data

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to get the flight data off the DJI goggles without tech support? I was able to get the data uploaded to DJI's server with a version of DJI Assist 2, but the files don't show up in DJI Go 4. They are there, I am frustrated that I need to go through tech support to get the data off my goggles.

I was flying my P4P Friday, started losing video transmission, pressed return to home and it didn't return. I searched the location where I last saw video and couldn't find it. Tech support responded yesterday to see I pressed the sync button in the Go 4 app and asked if I signed into both with the same account. Answer was yes to both. Now it's been 48 hours since Iost my drone and I'm waiting, hoping DJI will get me the data uploaded. Hopefully I can get this and see where the last coordinate was, and look there before it snows. Right now we have about 2" of snow covering everything.

This one post I read,,why not just upload phantom flight data,then someone here can tell you what happened, sorry to read about crash
Screenshot_20191223-101557_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: RodPad and Capt KO
How am I supposed to upload the data if DJI won't provide access? It's sitting on their server somewhere but tech support is not getting back to me.

This is the reply I got from DJI lat night. Today is 7 days after the loss.

"I hope this email finds you well.

Just a follow-up regarding your inquiry that I've raised to our Engineers, I've received feedback from them and they would like to gather additional details from you. As per them, the last flight records that were synced on your account shows that the aircraft was just flown 20m by the time it got disconnected.

With that being said, kindly provide the following information:

1. The exact date and Time of the incident:
2. Additional details regarding the incident:

Also, they've indicated that the Flight Records that were stored in the DJI Goggles don't support syncing with the DJI Go 4 App and it was only used to data analysis. If your aircraft is still within the warranty period, we can perform a covered Data Analysis Service for the flight records of your aircraft and get further information regarding the incident. However, if your unit is already beyond its warranty period and you'd like to conduct Data Analysis, there will be a corresponding fee of $65 but it will not affect the warranty period of your aircraft.

We would also like to inform you that the last location we got from your information is 43.6901637 -70.3855521.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to your response."

I created a map that shows the launch location, the flight path, the last known location. I also included the location I flew at 2 weeks prior that comes up under the "find my drone feature." I drew a vector from the last known location to that point thinking it might be the flight path the drone flew when the RTH initiated.

I received another email from DJI today. They were going to do data validation in 24-48 hours and data analysis in 3-5 business days from today. Seeing that the loss was 8 days ago, that should give others who find themselves in that situation an idea of how long it will take.

That said, I hate to admit it, but the drone was about 30 ft from the launch location. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to return before going to the last known location. That still doesn't explain why I never re-gained video. That said, I've ordered a shell with landing gear, forward sensor module, props, and prop mounts. Should have it fixed for less than $175. I tore it down this afternoon and was starting to have second thoughts because the motor wires look like they'd have to be de-soldered from the board to get them off the housing. Then I realized the top housing was fine and all I need to replace is the bottom housing and landing gear. It shouldn't be hard. One of the mounts for the fw sensor was busted, I think I can fix it with some JB Weld.

I bought a Mavic Mini the day after Christmas, so far I've been impressed.

Should have the Phantom 4 Pro back in the air next weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4