East Bay - Fly rules - Question

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and I have learned a lot, so THANK YOU!
But I do have couple of questions:

airmap.io - does not have the layer for the state parts correct?
airmap.io - does not have the layer for the for city parks?

reason why I am asking is because I am trying to fly around the area where i marked GREEN/RED in the pictures attached... right on the bottom of mountain diablo in east bay... and it seems as per all the maps, I can easily fly there... but if i start reading into it, I totall can not.

please clarify, am I able to fly in the GREEN from the pic below? What about in the RED?

I guess to summarize... IF airmap.io tells me, no restrictions and I can fly, what else do I need to check to make sure its 100% true.

thank you!

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 414
IF airmap.io tells me, no restrictions and I can fly, what else do I need to check to make sure its 100% true.

A big one to check is city and county ordinances/regulations. They are almost always available online.

Most commonly, I find no-drone (or general RC) language in ordinances and regulations related to parks.

The green means, forest, park or nature reserve. It does not mean it is ok to fly. I hope you understand the red, orange and yellow circles?
When you make your flight plan on airmap, it will tell you the restrictions in the area you are flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan