Eagles Vs. Drones

Reaction score
Magnificent bald eagle!!!

yeah I saw it too.
I hope the eagles don't get hurt trying to take down these drones.
magnificent birds.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I don't believe the Eagles don't get hurt by the props.. Maybe a small toy drone wouldn't hurt them, but drones like Phantoms have strong motors, and many heavy lift drones have considerably more powerful motors than that.. Who knows what kind of drones these birds might be sent after. Also if the drone has carbon props those are literally spinning blades.. I know eagles that size have thick, leathery skin but it's still just hardened skin, not armor.. Borderline animal cruelty in my opinion

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MedinaTaylor
I don't believe the Eagles don't get hurt by the props.. Maybe a small toy drone wouldn't hurt them, but drones like Phantoms have strong motors, and many heavy lift drones have considerably more powerful motors than that.. Who knows what kind of drones these birds might be sent after. Also if the drone has carbon props those are literally spinning blades.. I know eagles that size have thick, leathery skin but it's still just hardened skin, not armor.. Borderline animal cruelty in my opinion

Yeah, where is PETA when you need 'em....

They said the talons have a natural coating on them and the props don't hurt it. I can't imagine they could be trained to take a drone down, every day for a year, if it hurt them.

Hell, they probably LUV the thrill of getting their prey...

This is a terrible idea, especially if the drone has powerful motors and carbon fiber props.

Its not the eagle I'd be worried about its TJMYLUV could swipe you out for duplicate content, this first came out on 1st Feb 16 by op SilverStone641 so old news really, same dude & bird & his technique seems to have improved, watch out for the luvly TJ you won't see him coming

Reactions: dirkclod
Its not the eagle I'd be worried about its TJMYLUV could swipe you out for duplicate content, this first came out on 1st Feb 16 by op SilverStone641 so old news really, same dude & bird & his technique seems to have improved, watch out for the luvly TJ you won't see him coming
theshining-1427212867.gif

They are the ones that are slow and hovering waiting to get caught.
ABC news did the piece a couple nights ago.
Would be an interesting match against a larger UAV . A Typhoon with a set of carbon props would not be a pleasant catch.

HCTAW TUO!

giphy.gif

I slowed it down so you could see me come in for the kill!
Just think of that fish as your duplicate post. :D

Keep in mind I didn't close all of these but can you see why we do it? Post after redundant post. You would be wading through them if we didn't. ;)

Eagles being trained to take down drones

UK Police to use Eagles to pull drones out the sky

Eagles to bring down drones??

The Dutch are training Eagles to capture drones

Eagles and drones, Dutch experiment.

Dutch Police Training Eagles

Reactions: Squirrel!
HCTAW TUO!

giphy.gif

I slowed it down so you could see me come in for the kill!
Just think of that fish as your duplicate post. :D

Keep in mind I didn't close all of these but can you see why we do it? Post after redundant post. You would be wading through them if we didn't. ;)

Eagles being trained to take down drones

UK Police to use Eagles to pull drones out the sky

Eagles to bring down drones??

The Dutch are training Eagles to capture drones

Eagles and drones, Dutch experiment.

Dutch Police Training Eagles
You got me Luv, nobody fcuk's with TJ period because he will
Strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy his brothers. And you will know he is Lord when he lays his vengeance upon thee
https://media.giphy.com/media/x9hvUcjOAM0jC/200w.gif
No duplicate content period

Reactions: Squirrel! and Ptr
What's a gif gave it a blast, you fly phantom & no no a gif, what's up with you, mines a link your auto, all good fun though
Ya said what.gif
;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl