E Bay seller wants to back out of the sell.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I'm in for an ordeal? I won a bid on a P4. It was a basic setup with no extras. Many sold for $10 to $30 more because of all the extras. I saw the money taken out of Pay Pal almost immediately. The seller contacts me and wants to back out because he said the price was too low. He had a good description of what was being sold except he called it a P4 pro. It wasn't a steal price, but fair in comparison to the other sells. There were many bids on it. I don't think he knew what he was doing. I probably shouldn't have bid on it since he only sold 2 items, yet a 100% good feedback. I found out he is 19. Is there anything I should watch out for or I should do to protect myself. I use my wife's account and she has been an E Bay member for 15 years. We are just not too savvy about all the E Bay ways. Any advice will be appreciated.

I'm wondering if I'm in for an ordeal? I won a bid on a P4. It was a basic setup with no extras. Many sold for $10 to $30 more because of all the extras. I saw the money taken out of Pay Pal almost immediately. The seller contacts me and wants to back out because he said the price was too low. He had a good description of what was being sold except he called it a P4 pro. It wasn't a steal price, but fair in comparison to the other sells. There were many bids on it. I don't think he knew what he was doing. I probably shouldn't have bid on it since he only sold 2 items, yet a 100% good feedback. I found out he is 19. Is there anything I should watch out for or I should do to protect myself. I use my wife's account and she has been an E Bay member for 15 years. We are just not too savvy about all the E Bay ways. Any advice will be appreciated.
Since you paid with PayPal you are protected. You will of course have to agree to the cancellation in order to get your money back. You should get an automated message from eBay agreeing to cancel the transaction. As soon as you do that you should get your full refund almost immediately. The PayPal buyer protection hasn't let me down yet.

He is bound to the sale. But I have had sellers back out on me also. Recently a jerk sold me a camera at a good price. He had it listed with a buy it now price, which I paid. 3 days later, after hearing nothing from him, I contacted him and asked if he had shipped it. He replied that the item was broken and he would issue a refund. It took me 6 days to get the $ back as the refund was an e-check.
He listed the same thing a week later at a higher price! I contacted him and said, "Broken, huh? You realized you should have asked more, so you reneged on the deal. You should be banned from ebay. " Of course, I got no reply to that.

Bottom line is, that you are protected by the eBay buyer protection policy. If you don't get what an item as it was described, or if you get nothing at all, they will refund your money. Even if the seller does not agree.
I have gotten refunds several times from ebay on items that were fraudulent. They made the refund. It just takes a little time.
It may take you 10-14 days to get the money back.

Always look at seller's feedback, which you did. But that is not always an indicator. Everyone had to start at zero! I am an eBay seller with 1045 feedbacks, all 100% positive. Not one negative or neutral. I started with zero.

Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bushel though.
Ebay does honor their buyer protection policy.

Yes Paypal does a good job of protecting buyers - contact them to commence a ‘case’, do it all in writing (just good practice) don’t write anything that you’d later regret (tempting to let seller know how you feel). Let eBay know of sellers behaviour, that action is exactly what eBay would not want. Never (as you did not, but for anybody else) pay by direct back transfer, Paypal is best.

Yip let ebay know , your safe anyway using them,,they know me very well lol,they'll refund the money ton the card it was purchased with,,,just give the seller bad review, he know how auction work and should have had a reserve on it,,

I found it.
I cannot fine anywhere to write a review on E Bay. I had the same problem in September with not being able to write a review on a seller.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj